Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
real estate question
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am in the works with a mortgage broker right now, just waiting on him to get back to me. We do have to move out of the place we are in, but we have until August, so it isnt a super time crunch. I was looking at rentals at first, but for the money, I want to buy instead. To get into a rental in the area we want, its going to cost around $5000. First, last, deposit, and most people want and extra deposit for the dogs. Finding a rental with two dogs over 100 pounds is a challenge.

The house I am interested is mostly for the location. It is probably going to need a bit of work judging by the outside, and who knows whats inside, but as long as it is liveable, I dont care. I can do the work as time and money allow. It is a pretty big house, in a GREAT neighborhood. I am looking at it as a stepping stone to get into that dream home if I ever find it.

The original plan was to buy the old ladys grandmas place, but she isnt ready to move yet. It is a 3 bed rambler on and acre, and not that far from the city. I am picturing a big shop in the back yard, and a nice garden to boot. Time will tell I guess, and everything is in a holding pattern until I hear from the broker.

As far as an agent goes, well...... I know I will get better access to listings with one. I bought a house a few years back, my first house, and I was a little too trusting. I now know that the agent is not out for me, at all. I jumped in way to fast, and way too deep. But, as my dad always told me, "An education costs money."
I like smoking lightning

Messages In This Thread
real estate question - by carl609 - 04-13-2010, 04:41 PM
RE: real estate question - by iSmoke - 04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
RE: real estate question - by Tonto - 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
RE: real estate question - by Jimmie the Mum - 04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
RE: real estate question - by CigarJohn - 04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
RE: real estate question - by Magnum PI - 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
RE: real estate question - by Pete - 04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
RE: real estate question - by carl609 - 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM