Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JOYA DE NICARAGUA ANTANO GRAN CONSUL
Brently had the Memphis crew over (minus Bailey) for a Sunday afternoon smoke. He gifted us all this 4 to 5 year old cigar he had a box of tucked away in his Tower of Power humidor.

I pared this cigar with Knob Creek.  I also know the Aberlour a'bunadh scotch was flowing as well.  Thanks for everything, Dub!

T brought a pizza and some fire!  What a combo huh?  Fire and a munchies fix. 

[Image: JNAC.jpg]

While we didn't take any pictures, I posted a picture of the cigar above. 

Length/Ring: 4 3/4 x 60
Shape: Belicoso
Wrapper: Dark Natural

This big fat beauty delivered.  Strong and spicy....and I assume less spicy as these babies had a lot of age on them. Still, this cigar didn't play around and is not for the faint of heart.  I love full bodied cigars.  Very flavorful and coffee like after taste, the great flavors lasted throughout the whole cigar....which I nubbed wuth burning finger nails.  My little brother, Dennis, has an ash the size of the whole cigar.  What a treat.

This short, stumpy cigar stood up with any I've had in the full flavored department.  Although taste and strengths are subjective, I imagine most would agree that they do not come too much more full bodied than the Gran Consul.  And with the paring of Knob Creek neat...I was drooling when I left.

Thanks for another great smoke, guys.  Let's do fresh oysters Tuesday at Pappy's and Memphis Tigers basketball on Wednesday in my mancave.  I will pick us a selection out for Wednesday.

Sounds like a great time with good friends and gars and food. I'm jealous
those 4-5 years must have done great work for the cigar. Thanks for the review Dave. I have two in the humi but I have to be honest, they scare the crap out of me.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
nice review sounds like a good time
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
The TNN guys at it again. Thanks Dave.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore