Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Pearl Morado
I'm sure a lot of ya'll witnessed me remarking on how I really wanted to try the Black Pearl cigars that recently got high scores from CA.
I didn't want to try them because of the high scores....I liked the look of the main ingredients, and the taste profile they wrote about is one that I generally enjoy. The number doesn't mean a dang thing to me. Anyhow.

Jimmie The Mum noticed my desire for such things, and hit me with one in a recent bomb. I was definitely looking forward to trying it out, so when the sun decided to visit Ohio yesterday, I took the chance to light that baby up!

[Image: web.jpg]

First off, this cigar looked great. The light ceder wrapping on top, against the bright purple band on the foot of the cigar (not pictured) just makes for a pretty presentation.
Under the packaging, the cigar itself was very attractive as well. No big veins, no spots or anything weird. It was also slightly oily, and I couldn't wait to light it up.

When I clipped it with the Palio, the wrapper split about 3/4 inch down the cigar, revealing the binder underneath. I know the cutter isn't dull...but I will take the blame. Maybe I pushed or twisted something wrong. I didn't let it bug me, as the split folded back down well enough, and there's no way I'll ever smoke the cigar down to 3/4 inch from the cut.

I'll be honest with you guys because you're my friends. Something I'm not proud of.
Every prelight draw I've ever drawn has tasted the same to me. Like a tobacco and tea and sometimes a light spice flavor. This one was no different. :?

I lit her up problem-free. Took a few puffs to heat it up a little, and then a sip of my tea. I poked around on the internet, listining to a StogieFresh podcast, and smoked away.
This cigar didn't really change much in flavor for me. After I had smoked through the 1st half inch, down to where I gave up on it, it tasted pretty much the same.

GREAT

For a "good, boring cigar" it was a GOOD cigar. Nope, it didn't have me taking pause to identify new flavors or a change, but it sure did keep me puffing on it until I hit that split I was talking about earlier!

[Image: web.jpg]

I really like it. Really do.
I'm almost positive that this will be the next cigar I buy a box of.
Thank you Jimmie, for introducing me to this stick.
Glad you enjoyed this cigar JoeBob.  Check my review from about 2 months ago and compare the notes.  It is a good cigar, not my favorite, but good.
Nice nub! And a good review, too.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Great review. I liked the one I had too!  Thanks Jimmie!
Thanks JB. I just ordered a box from Atlantic on Mon.

Awesome price of 118 shipped Plus a free 5er. Too cheap to pass.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/laperlahabana.html#section7

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Sorry about that split JoeBob, hope it had nothing to do with my humidor or shipping?

Here's daryn's review:

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=7857&forum_id=3
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Sorry about that split JoeBob, hope it had nothing to do with my humidor or shipping?

Here's daryn's review:

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=7857&forum_id=3

No way man.
I've had it here long enough for it not to be shipping or your storage.
I musta just cut it at the wrong spot, or just did something weird with my wrist as I was clamping down the cutter.
It didn't take away from the cigar in any way.
US_Tank Wrote:Glad you enjoyed this cigar JoeBob.  Check my review from about 2 months ago and compare the notes.  It is a good cigar, not my favorite, but good.

Yep, your review defintely mirrors my thoughts on them...and I think I might go ahead and order that box. Maybe..hmm...maybe not I dunno.
Glad to hear this.....will be sparking the one Tanky gave me pretty soon!
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:Glad to hear this.....will be sparking the one Tanky gave me pretty soon!

Well Mario the one JoeBob had is a box brother of the one you have!  Mum and I traded; I sent him two Black Pearl Morado's and he sent me two Black Pearl Rojo's.    I then sent you a brother of that batch.  And the Mum passed one of his from me to JoeBob!  

It's a big soap opera of cigars.