Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padilla Miami Robusto
Its been along time coming in smoking the miami line. I am a big fan of Pepin smokes and really liked the Padilla habano that I bought a box of last year. I purchased this stick along with a few of the other sizes from a BOTL from another board almost 3months ago. And with the great weather we are having in NC I decieded to break this one out.

The wrapper was light brown with a bright red and black ban that made the stick very attractive. The stick had a firm feel with plenty of tobacco. I let this one dry box for a day and a half to avoid any draw problems.

Upon lighting the cigar I noticed that the draw slightly tight but not too bad. The cigar started with a strong cedar and spice flavor and was medium to full bodied. In the background there was a pinch of sweetness that I had a hard time describing. By the 1/4 mark, the draw loosend abit making the perfect draw. The sweet cedar is at center stage with the spice falling to the background. Very tasty! Past the 1/4 mark the strength subsided leaving the cigar a solid medium and very smooth. The flavor profile stayed the same until the halfway mark when it became more woody with spice and cedar in the background. Towards the end the spice came back with some more power and thats the way it closed. Spice,wood,and cedar with a tad bit of sweetness. An awesome smoke! 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice review,the Miami is my favorite Padilla and the torps and lancero are great,I put them at the fuller side of med. body with lots of pepper and spice and hints of ceder.
Bluesman455 Wrote:Nice review,the Miami is my favorite Padilla and the torps and lancero are great,I put them at the fuller side of med. body with lots of pepper and spice and hints of ceder.
Ditto, I love the Miami line. shame Pepin is dropping out of the picture with Padilla.

Hey Don have you tried the 1932? Another great cigar, not sure which one I like better but both are good choices.
Nice review.  i enjoy these as well.  too bad you didnt get around to them sooner cause Pepin Garcia will no longer be making them for Padilla any more.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
fishhound Wrote:
Bluesman455 Wrote:Nice review,the Miami is my favorite Padilla and the torps and lancero are great,I put them at the fuller side of med. body with lots of pepper and spice and hints of ceder.
Ditto, I love the Miami line. shame Pepin is dropping out of the picture with Padilla.

Hey Don have you tried the 1932? Another great cigar, not sure which one I like better but both are good choices.
Yes I have but prefer the miami,however they have the 1932 oscuro at the rez. but at $16 a pop I passed.:?
Excellent review and much how I remember the one I smoked. I remember the draw being a bit firm, but excellent flavor so I didn't much care. I got these on the joe special not too long ago and I'm dang glad I got 2 orders!Smile
Really nice job man. You should come around more often.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Yeah, it is too bad that DPG isnt making the Miami line anymore.

The Lancero IMHO is the best out of the line.

Oh, and I'm sorry, but the 1932 is terrible. :?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
 I'm here almost daily taf. I'm just not the type to put up 1-2,000 post in a year. I'm a quiet person in the real world so I tend to be the same here.
great to see you  doing reviews, thanks