Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nub stub schmub
That didn't take too long. I can't believe this is even legal @ this point. Did Sam not have any kind of legal in place to prevent this from happening? These guys are just flaunting they STOLE the idea and play on the name.

These specials will expire on Friday, 8/29/2008 at 11:59PM Eastern Time

Shop Specials Now!

[Image: Stubs_double.jpg]

[size=I'm sure everyone has heard the phrase "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", but what they don't tell you is that it is also the most annoying. I can only imagine how annoyed a certain cigar company is going to be when they find out that some good buddies down in Florida have come out with a cigar called the STUBS, that for under $2 a stick, comes very close to the far more expensive sticks they are imitating. The cigar company that is being "flattered" here was instrumental in the development of the 4 x 60 and larger "Sweet Spot" cigar (I can't name them but anyone up on their cigars will know what I'm talking about. Here's a hint: The cigar rhymes with "Tub").

We all love it when a cigar hits its sweet spot. You get that full rich flavor that is perfectly balanced and you understand what the manufacturer had intended after months of blending and aging. The only problem with this is that you have to wait for a couple of inches before you get there...that is until "tubby" got the idea that you could achieve that "Sweet Spot" throughout the whole smoke if the maximum amount of tobacco is packed inside the cigar, making a huge ring size and a short length. I know 4 x 62 is an insane size and you all know my feelings on big ring gauge cigars, but it was only until I tried one of these cigars that I really understood why this is a great idea.

I smoked both the Habano and the Connecticut wrapper and I was floored. Originally these came in a sampler from a distributor in FL. and I thought it was going to be another no name forgettable bandless cigar, but I was wrong. The Connecticut was smooth and rich and had a great creamy finish that displayed the same traits as the more expensive cigar they were "flattering". The Habano wrapper was deliciously peppery and spicy and mellowed down to a complex body of minerals and leather.

Usually imitating a good idea doesn't work out, but in this case I think we have a winner! I first looked at the STUBS and thought it would be akin to smoking a tree trunk but let me tell you...the design works and at under $2 a stick, you're getting something that goes head to head with the other guy's widely popular cigar for less than half the price. Not only was the smoke rich and tasty, but I never knew a 4 inch cigar could last up to 45 minutes. OK big ring gauge guys, you got me. I give in... I bring you the STUBS! Get 'em before they sell out.

The slightly Drunk J. Peterman of Puros
Keith. A][/size]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

looks like a scummy move.... & it looks like a site I WON'T buy from!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Hey!!!  Look at this.... Confusedhock:

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/nub-cigars/

They sell the NUbs too! :?
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
what a dumbass
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I won't be buying from either and yes what a scum bag and to throw it in his face is even worse. :X
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Since he is also selling NUbs....I just have to wonder....will he be allowed to continue to sell them after this?
Not Cool at all yo:X

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
That's Bu!!$hit
ashman Wrote:That's Bu!!$hit
Ditto
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I had already read about the Stubs and, by the looks of it, they suck. Horribly. Sam also knew about them if I remmember well and by the looks of it, he took it very cool.