Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cigar tastes nub nuance sampler good, bad or ugly
(10-08-2020, 07:24 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: When I had them (which were gifted to me by a Olivia rep). I put them in a tubberware container, separated from my other stogies. 
Eventually, I just gave them away. 

Do you do any fishing / hunting up there?
Looking forward to see your comments in other threads.

Yes my son and I love to hunt and fish. Hunting season just opened here last week, so we'll be out bow hunting this weekend plus taking out a dock in Lake George Sunday!
BTW, I do like Nub cigars. I have a bunch of the non flavor ones in my humidor.

Here's a pic of a few of them:

[Image: 20201008-104431.jpg]

[Image: 20201008-104426.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-08-2020, 09:45 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: BTW, I do like Nub cigars. I have a bunch of the non flavor ones in my humidor.

Here's a pic of a few of them:

[Image: 20201008-104431.jpg]

[Image: 20201008-104426.jpg]

Hmmm no picture on my side, but I definitely do believe you. Which ones and are the medium to full, medium, mild?
From a website:
Nub Connecticut
  • [Image: Nub-Connecticut-Cigar-Espresso-Coffee.jpg]

• Available Vitolas: 354, 358, 460, 464 Tordedo

• Filler: Nicaraguan

• Binder: Nicaraguan

• Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade

• Profile: Mild – Medium
Representing Nub’s first venture, the Connecticut is a wonderfully creamy and alluring cigar with mild yet complex aromas. The Connecticut shade wrapper is sourced from Ecuador and the cigar is available in a host of vitolas including a small but impressive 3.75 x 54 format.
You can learn more about this particular cigar by reading the full Nub Connecticut cigar review!

Nub Habano
  • [Image: Nub-Habano-Cigar-In-Branded-Ash-Tray.jpg]Available Vitolas: 358, 460, 464 Torpedo, 466

• Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano

• Profile: Medium
Following the success of the Connecticut, the Habano followed shortly after. Featuring a medium-brown Nicaraguan Habano wrapper, it offered a slightly fuller-bodied smoke with rich and complex flavours.
Rather than offering the small 3.75 x 54 vitola, Nub instead released a mighty 4 x 66 format for a more developed and heady experience. You can learn all about this cigar with our full Nub Habano review!

Nub Maduro
  • [Image: Nub-Maduro-Cigar-Second-Third-Notes.jpg]

• Available Vitolas: 460, 464 Tordedo

• Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro

• Profile: Medium – Full
After both the Connecticut and Habano, it was only logical to release a Maduro variant of the Nub. Bursting with flavour, the Maduro consists of a fuller body with mellow aromas.
With a Brazilian Maduro wrapper, this cigar has a dark chocolate and midly toothy appearance. Unlike the previous offerings from Nub, the Maduro is only limited to either 4×60 or 4×64 Torpedo vitolas.
Discover this cigar with our detailed Nub Maduro review!

Nub Cameroon
  • Available Vitolas: 358, 460, 464 Tordedo, 466T BP

• Wrapper: Cameroon

The fourth release of the Nub series, the Cameroon features a dark and toothy Cameroon wrapper. An intense and alluring experience, it delivers rich notes of coffee and cedar.
In addition to the regular line-up of vitolas, there is also a unique 4×66 box-pressed Torpedo.

Nub Double Maduro
  • [Image: Nub-Double-Maduro-Cigars-Box.jpg]

• Available Vitolas: 460, 466

• Filler: Cuban Seed Nicaraguan

• Profile: Full
Also known as the “Nub Dub”, the Double Maduro is a limited run cigar. It differentiates itself from the regular Maduro cigar by incporating a second layer of two dark Maduro wrappers in order to provide a richer and fuller aroma.
Although it’s rarer to find than the regular Maduro, it has a strong following. However, it otherwise features the same composition but provides an altogether different experience.
Check out the full Nub Double Maduro review to learn more!

Nub Cain
  • [Image: Nub-Cain-Maduro-Cigar-Box.jpg]

• Ranges: Cain, Cain Maduro, Cain F

• Available Vitolas: 460 & 464 Torpedo

• Wrapper: Habano [Cain], San Andres Mexican [Maduro]

Given the successes of both Oliva’s Cain and Nub series, a collaboration between the two was received to much fanfare. By combining Cain’s use of straight ligero blends and Nub’s compact structure, Oliva provided a unique cigar experience.
As you’ll learn in our guide to cigar anatomy, Ligero primings are the leaves from the upper-most part of the tobacco plant. They provide the fullest and strongest flavours and are usually reserved for the filler’s centre.
[Image: Nub-Cain-F-Cigar-Box.jpg]
However, Nub Cains consist of only straight Ligero in order to create a full and robust smoking experience. The blend is complex of uses the following concentrations:
  • 25% Estelí Ligero

• 27% Condega Ligero

• 30% Jalapa Ligero
Furthermore, you may notice that this doesn’t account for the full 100%. This is because other types of tobacco primings are still require to ensure an even burn.
Meanwhile, the Cain F features a similar blend to the regular Cain but with a more flavourful composition with an adjusted percentage of Ligero:
  • 32% Estelí Ligero

• 25% Condega Ligero

• 25% Jalapa Ligero
Nub Café
  • Ranges: Cappuccino, Espresso, Macchiato

• Available Vitolas: 345, 430, 438, 460, 542

• Filler: Dominican

• Wrapper: Connecticut or Sumatran

The Nub Café series is an interesting concept born from the long-lasting association between coffee and cigars. This premium series of handmade cigars is infused with coffee with several different options available.
For instance, the Cappuccino seeks to reveal flavours of fresh coffee, vanilla beans and cedar for a refreshingly sweet smoke. Meanwhile, the Espresso marries aromas of dark cacao with premium long fillers and a Sumatran wrapper to deliver robust yet appetising flavours.
Finally, the Macchiato combines milk chocolate with Sumatra wrapper and Dominican filler for a sensual aroma.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-10-2020, 09:55 PM)That was a good read, thank you for that. Quite inspiring words. Sounds like the Nub Connecticut and Nub Maduro would be good choices. So I might go with that. Did you ever check out cigarbid.com? I have gotten some really good deals from them.    From a website:Nub Connecticut Wrote:
  • [Image: Nub-Connecticut-Cigar-Espresso-Coffee.jpg]

• Available Vitolas: 354, 358, 460, 464 Tordedo

• Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade

Representing Nub’s first venture, the Connecticut is a wonderfully creamy and alluring cigar with mild yet complex aromas. The Connecticut shade wrapper is sourced from Ecuador and the cigar is available in a host of vitolas including a small but impressive 3.75 x 54 format.
You can learn more about this particular cigar by reading the full Nub Connecticut cigar review!

Nub Habano
  • [Image: Nub-Habano-Cigar-In-Branded-Ash-Tray.jpg]Available Vitolas: 358, 460, 464 Torpedo, 466

• Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano

• Profile: Medium
Following the success of the Connecticut, the Habano followed shortly after. Featuring a medium-brown Nicaraguan Habano wrapper, it offered a slightly fuller-bodied smoke with rich and complex flavours.
Rather than offering the small 3.75 x 54 vitola, Nub instead released a mighty 4 x 66 format for a more developed and heady experience. You can learn all about this cigar with our full Nub Habano review!

Nub Maduro
  • [Image: Nub-Maduro-Cigar-Second-Third-Notes.jpg]

• Available Vitolas: 460, 464 Tordedo

• Profile: Medium – Full
After both the Connecticut and Habano, it was only logical to release a Maduro variant of the Nub. Bursting with flavour, the Maduro consists of a fuller body with mellow aromas.
With a Brazilian Maduro wrapper, this cigar has a dark chocolate and midly toothy appearance. Unlike the previous offerings from Nub, the Maduro is only limited to either 4×60 or 4×64 Torpedo vitolas.
Discover this cigar with our detailed Nub Maduro review!

Nub Cameroon
  • Available Vitolas: 358, 460, 464 Tordedo, 466T BP

• Wrapper: Cameroon

The fourth release of the Nub series, the Cameroon features a dark and toothy Cameroon wrapper. An intense and alluring experience, it delivers rich notes of coffee and cedar.
In addition to the regular line-up of vitolas, there is also a unique 4×66 box-pressed Torpedo.

Nub Double Maduro
  • [Image: Nub-Double-Maduro-Cigars-Box.jpg]

• Available Vitolas: 460, 466

• Filler: Cuban Seed Nicaraguan

Also known as the “Nub Dub”, the Double Maduro is a limited run cigar. It differentiates itself from the regular Maduro cigar by incporating a second layer of two dark Maduro wrappers in order to provide a richer and fuller aroma.
Although it’s rarer to find than the regular Maduro, it has a strong following. However, it otherwise features the same composition but provides an altogether different experience.
Check out the full Nub Double Maduro review to learn more!

Nub Cain
  • [Image: Nub-Cain-Maduro-Cigar-Box.jpg]

• Ranges: Cain, Cain Maduro, Cain F

• Available Vitolas: 460 & 464 Torpedo

• Wrapper: Habano [Cain], San Andres Mexican [Maduro]

Given the successes of both Oliva’s Cain and Nub series, a collaboration between the two was received to much fanfare. By combining Cain’s use of straight ligero blends and Nub’s compact structure, Oliva provided a unique cigar experience.
As you’ll learn in our guide to cigar anatomy, Ligero primings are the leaves from the upper-most part of the tobacco plant. They provide the fullest and strongest flavours and are usually reserved for the filler’s centre.
[Image: Nub-Cain-F-Cigar-Box.jpg]
However, Nub Cains consist of only straight Ligero in order to create a full and robust smoking experience. The blend is complex of uses the following concentrations:
  • 25% Estelí Ligero

• 27% Condega Ligero

• 30% Jalapa Ligero
Furthermore, you may notice that this doesn’t account for the full 100%. This is because other types of tobacco primings are still require to ensure an even burn.
Meanwhile, the Cain F features a similar blend to the regular Cain but with a more flavourful composition with an adjusted percentage of Ligero:
  • 32% Estelí Ligero

• 25% Condega Ligero

• 25% Jalapa Ligero
Nub Café
  • Ranges: Cappuccino, Espresso, Macchiato

• Available Vitolas: 345, 430, 438, 460, 542

• Filler: Dominican

• Wrapper: Connecticut or Sumatran

The Nub Café series is an interesting concept born from the long-lasting association between coffee and cigars. This premium series of handmade cigars is infused with coffee with several different options available.
For instance, the Cappuccino seeks to reveal flavours of fresh coffee, vanilla beans and cedar for a refreshingly sweet smoke. Meanwhile, the Espresso marries aromas of dark cacao with premium long fillers and a Sumatran wrapper to deliver robust yet appetising flavours.
Finally, the Macchiato combines milk chocolate with Sumatra wrapper and Dominican filler for a sensual aroma.
My favorites of the Nubs are the Connecticut, Habano, & Maduro, but I'll smoke any of them. 1st box I ever bought of Nubs was the Connecticut. I could swear I tasted butterscotch.

I do use Cigarbid every once in a while.  You can pick up some very good deals, if:
A) you are patient (Don't get sucked into a bidding war & win the item, but overpay.  I find bidding early on larger lots helps, but some people like to snipe)
B) know your prices  (Again don't over pay, just to win the bidding.  Include the shipping costs)
C) don't forget the shipping costs (& figure them into your top bidding price)
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles