Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So my son wants to build a NAS
So my son wants to build a NAS...anyone do it?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Going to go with a Synology unit instead.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
How is the synology? I have two setup at a local business I do some side work for. One is on site, the other is setup at his home so he has his own off-site backup. They are great imo
No Justice, No Peace!
(10-08-2020, 07:15 PM)nayslayer Wrote: How is the synology? I have two setup at a local business I do some side work for. One is on site, the other is setup at his home so he has his own off-site backup. They are great imo

I never got it.  I was thinking of getting the DS1019+.  I wanted to use it as a NAS & also use the surveillance station to record my outside security cameras.  I currently have 5 & was thinking of adding 3 more.  But Synology charges you by the camera hookup...$50 per camera.  It adds up. 

Then I was thinking of just building the NAS unit myself & running Blue Iris, but I'm not sure of all the parts I'd need & then if it would be worth the price.  I'm still thinking about it though.  Each time I go to Microcenter, I pickup up a 4TB Seagate iron wolf NAS drive.  They're taking up too much room on the shelf now Big Grin