Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking ribs question
I've been using the 3-2-1 method for smoking ribs on my Weber kettle,  Now, I'm planning on doing them with my new smoker & had a question...

Have any of you guys smoked ribs just on the smoker (no wrapping in foil, etc.)?  If so, how did they turn out?

I've been thinking of just trying them & letting them go at 225° until done, saucing during the last hour or so.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
i've done that then put in oven low with sauce at times at end.
No Justice, No Peace!
I really think I want to try this...I'm itching to try out the new smoker.

But the weather for the next 10 days doesn't look too good.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I've tried it not wrapping. They weren't bad, but I prefer the other method.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(02-08-2019, 08:04 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote: I've tried it not wrapping. They weren't bad, but I prefer the other method.

Were they not as tender?

Getting BBQ ribs at a Chinese food store made me think of this.  They just cook them under the flames, saucing them every now & then.
Yeah, they weren't as tender and just overall I didn't like them so much. But, maybe I should have taken them off sooner. I've only tried it once.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I usually do baby backs and do not wrap them - but because they are baby backs, they usually finish at or shortly after 3.5 hrs at 225*