Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommendations
hello all from Massachusetts Smile i was hoping because I'm kind of new to the wonderful world of cigars you guys might give me a few recommendations. i do love rocky Patel Connecticut's but I'm trying to broaden my palate a little and find some new sticks. so if you all have anything you would recommend let me know id really appreciate it Smile - john
I would check out the What are you smoking threads, always some good sticks in there.

Once you find some sticks you like, I would start looking at some reviews and look for cigars with similar flavor profiles.

Just keep in mind that as time goes on your tastes will most likely start to change.

I didn't think about that when I started. I would find a stick I liked, and buy a bunch. Over time my tastes matured and now I have lots of sticks that I used to love, but not so much anymore.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(01-18-2014, 11:55 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote: I would check out the What are you smoking threads, always some good sticks in there.

Once you find some sticks you like, I would start looking at some reviews and look for cigars with similar flavor profiles.

Just keep in mind that as time goes on your tastes will most likely start to change.

I didn't think about that when I started. I would find a stick I liked, and buy a bunch. Over time my tastes matured and now I have lots of sticks that I used to love, but not so much anymore.

Great advice!!!
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Ben hit the nail on the head above. When I was new to this hobby, I sampled and researched a lot. If the RP Conny is what you like, look at what it's filler and binder tobaccos are and see if you can find another brand offering something similar.
Come to think of it, I still sample a lot. Even my "go to" cigars aren't smoked within weeks of each other...
Good advice. Try the Oliva / Studio Tobac brand. Also ask the cigar shop for some recommendations.
Remember everyone's palate is different.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(01-19-2014, 12:09 AM)Guarantee Wrote:
(01-18-2014, 11:55 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote: I would check out the What are you smoking threads, always some good sticks in there.

Great advice!!!

I agree. Everyone here smokes some great stuff, so if you see it being smoking in the What are you smoking thread, then you should try it out.

Where in MA are you? Where do you get your sticks locally?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
thanks everyone and i live near taunton if that rings a bell for you. i get my smokes from cigars international but locally i got to Brennan's smoke shop. and i will def look into the what are you smoking threads.