Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Have you ever seen this happen
Put that resin in your weed pipe,you may get a buzz.

Just another reason I use a full cut on my cigars.
I have had that happen before too, on more than one occasion.

It does indeed cause an awful taste, and if you aren't quick to notice it can get all over your mouth and lips.

I hope it's not the flying pigs I sent you!

Huh
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
(12-28-2010, 09:46 PM)Bluesman455 Wrote: Put that resin in your weed pipe,you may get a buzz.

Just another reason I use a full cut on my cigars.

Tongue
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I have had it happen too. I just call them good , go for the buzz. Oh wrong resin, sorry. But on another not I have had a few Short Stories do it but I still love them.
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far
(12-29-2010, 01:29 PM)Gus Wrote: I hope it's not the flying pigs I sent you!

Huh

Nope...you're good Gus

Funny, just had this happen on a La Aroma de Cuba i just picked up
No Justice, No Peace!
(12-28-2010, 09:46 PM)Bluesman455 Wrote: Just another reason I use a full cut on my cigars.

I have had it happen many times on full cuts as well.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(12-31-2010, 08:43 AM)Mark Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 09:46 PM)Bluesman455 Wrote: Just another reason I use a full cut on my cigars.

I have had it happen many times on full cuts as well.

Me too.

I've had this happen a bunch of times with Fuente's and mostly the anejos.
(12-28-2010, 08:53 PM)Mark Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 08:49 PM)BDM53 Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 08:43 PM)Mark Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 08:40 PM)BDM53 Wrote: If its a NC you got to let us know so I wont buy one lol.

You can't go by the brand. I have had that happen to dog rockets all the way up to VSGs and Padrons.

You just took the fun out of it, now I know I have a tar bomb waiting somewhere among my sticks one day Big Grin Not to change the topic hopefully but was this cigar aged/stored upwards instead of flat for a long period of time?

Sorry for ruining your day lol. It has nothing to do with the way they are stored. It happens because one or more of the leaves used in the cigar were not fermented properly.

Oh dear lord... Again I agree with Mahk. That's it, I'm going for a brain scan.

In all my years of cigar smoking I never had this happen, but only because I sense it and cut away any part of the cigar immediately at the start of this odd phenomenon.

The fermentation process is not a science. Leaves are made by nature and each one is unique. Add to this the fact that during the fermentation process some leaves enjoy the outer layer of the bundles, others the inner, and most the middle. Weather and other climatological details will affect the fermentation too. Not to mention the weather while the plant was growing.
Yeah, a punch cut or a v cut will exacerbate this situation. But it can happen on a straight cut, especially if you cut it right (leaving part of the cap).
Early signs is the foot begins to feel more wet than usual. Then a slight increase in the draw. At this point I cut back an 1/8th of an inch and watch it carefully should it need another cut. Or, if this is tar as I believe it to be, toss it and light another.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer