Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mexican Coke
(03-12-2010, 02:22 PM)cbcyclone Wrote: I was just recently made aware that there still is one lone Dr. Pepper bottling plant in the U.S that insists on using the original Dr. Pepper recipe, which uses Imperial Cane Sugar rather that corn syrup. Its' located in Dublin, Texas. They have a website where you can purchase the cane sugar version of Dr. Pepper, which people I've talked to who have had it claim that its' 100% better than the corn syrup version.

Their website is: http://www.dublindrpepper.com

for some reason i LOVE dr pepper out of the fountain. it's the only fountain drink i like more than it's canned counterpart. wonder how the can sugar stuff is? i'll check next time i'm at wal mart on how much the mexican coke goes for. if i recall correctly, it's about a buck and a half a bottle, probably why i never go after it, but i will make sure.
Mexican Coke is $1.50/bottle at the Wegman's I buy it at. However here in NYS we have a "bottle tax" on all carbonated beverages and bottled water. So adding $1.20 for the bottle tax we end up at $30.51/case, which equates to $1.27/bottle.

I'd like to order some of that Dublin, TX Dr. Pepper. Its' cheaper to purchase a case ($15 for a case of 12-oz cans), but shipping it here to NYS would cost $18.67 making it $33.67/case which equates to $1.40/can.
i picked up a couple today. they're 98 cents for the 12 ounce bottle at my wal mart.
Which ones? The Mexican coke or the Dublin Dr. Pepper?

Picked up another case of Mexican Coke last night. Got to admit I'm getting addicted to it. Now with the nicer weather finally setting in I can't wait to to be outside on a walk with a Mexican Coke in one hand and a fine cigar in the other.
Today I forgot to take a bottle of Mexican Coke to work for lunch so I bought a bottle of regular Coke out of the vending machine. I gotta say that after several weeks of drinking only the Mexican Coke, you can REALLY tell the difference between Mexican and U.S. Coke. The U.S. Coke tastes NOTHING like the Mexcian Coke, no matter what the Coca-Cola company would have you believe. It also leaves you with a bitter lingering aftertaste in the mouth that's really NOT pleasant.
(03-17-2010, 07:53 AM)cbcyclone Wrote: Which ones? The Mexican coke or the Dublin Dr. Pepper?

Picked up another case of Mexican Coke last night. Got to admit I'm getting addicted to it. Now with the nicer weather finally setting in I can't wait to to be outside on a walk with a Mexican Coke in one hand and a fine cigar in the other.

the mexican coke. haven't seen the dr. pepper around here.