Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
(05-01-2014, 04:34 PM)The542 Wrote: Today I'm kegging my IPL and bottling a couple growlers of my Summer orange wheat for the club tasting tonight. It will be it's first peek out of the keg!

That summer orange wheat sounds good!! Care to send me the recipe? I'm looking for what to brew next!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Brew day is upon us. All my brewing water has been treated, grist is waiting to be milled, and the hop additions are measured and bagged. Heading up to the local farm to grab some fresh honey for the boil while my HLT heats.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
More of a shed than a Farmhouse but that doesn't stop the progress of brewing up some delicious Farmhouse beer!

[Image: IMAG0205_zps8vkbtq8x.jpg]
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Looks and sounds great!
(05-02-2014, 12:16 PM)GMJager Wrote:
(05-01-2014, 04:34 PM)The542 Wrote: Today I'm kegging my IPL and bottling a couple growlers of my Summer orange wheat for the club tasting tonight. It will be it's first peek out of the keg!

That summer orange wheat sounds good!! Care to send me the recipe? I'm looking for what to brew next!

It honestly needs tweaking, it came out pretty bland. I think the orange zest needs to be added in the whirlpool or maybe after fermentation and the sorachi needs a boost. To save this batch I might run more orange zest and hops through the hop rocket. Gonna have to do another batch before the end of the summer.
Well, I finally feel that I can post in this thread... LOL

Yesterday, I went to the annual "Big Brew" of the local Homebrew club. I had been talking to one of the guys on FB, and he invited me out. It was out in the country in a guy's barn that he uses exclusively for brewing and drinking... Wink

There were five different people brewing that day - about 40 gallons total. It was neat as there were some different setups, and there were different things being brewed: Saison, Pale Ale, IPA, Brown, etc.

Everyone was VERY welcoming - I told them to put me to work so that I could help out, and my fist assignment was to get a glass filled and start drinking. Not bad for 10am... I kind of circulated around, and the guys would explain what they were doing without me even having to ask. It was super cool. We had lunch, drank some more, and I tried to be a worker bee where I could.

I got to sample some amazing stuff these guys had brewed, and we had some other bottles there as well... Needless to say, I had to wait a while before driving home. Big Grin

Overall it was a great day, and I am looking forward to getting together with the guys again. My intention is to start getting my feet wet a bit with brewing, I just need to figure out some of the logistics here at home first...

This could be dangerous...

Very cool Bill! I have been thinking for a while about joining a club.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(05-04-2014, 12:24 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: This could be dangerous...

I think you'd really enjoy it Bill. It's technical, fun, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time.

Kegging the IPL today, now it lagers for 25 days before the comp tasting!

[Image: d24976ccc6b9e666c1f0f7e33a09ba9b.jpg]
Nice mike and mark!!!

Bill it's awesome for sure. Nothing better then drinking your own beer and having your friends enjoy it!!! Haha
Mike, do you like the Brew Bucket? I am thinking that may be my next investment.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"