Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
Wow looks great Nick!
This is my boomstick!
My hardware purchase. Can't wait to drill some holes and attach everything!!! All from brew hardware.com

1 sight glass, heat shield is marks.

[Image: F023A5D6-7765-4141-8E74-29B20119778C.jpg]
Nice toes..Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Cool!! Cant wait. We can drill the holes in your keggle this week.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Luckily Mark is very handy with tools unlike myself. I am an idiot when it comes to anything that has to do with working with your hands, Surprising I know. Went to marks with tommy today and did this. Went to only drill holes but mark wanted to finish it all! Thanks again buddy!!!

[Image: 0BF4F4C5-F8D1-4B15-8CB5-06438B3ED090_1.jpg]

The finished HLT
[Image: CAC947BF-8CF9-483C-85DE-8D819C02F71A_1.jpg]

Mark finishing the BOil keggle
[Image: 29444448-2450-4BBA-B36D-2917BD8F861C.jpg]
Edit: the brew equip is looking great above guys!

Alright, my Mosun ipa is kegged. Made a dumb a$$ mistake during transfer that worked itself out, but the process would have been super smooth otherwise.

I attempted a closed transfer from my cold crashed fermenter, directly onto 2/3 cup of hot gelatin in the keg which had been co2 blanketed, and relief valve open...

Instead I co2 blanketed it, forgot to open the relief valve and connected the liquid side post that was connected to my open-valved fermenter. I knocked 5oz of hop debris back into suspension and clogged the valve. So I used co2 to blow back through the keg liquid side slowly to release the clog. After three attempts, and pressurizing the fermenter, it transferred.

So still the beer never was exposed to oxygen, I got to see how pressurizing the fermenter would go, and using and cleaning the "almost conical" was simple.

I'll be sampling on Thursday evening and see if we're gonna run this through the rocket. Samples today were a huge bouquet of citrus hop variety.
Here is the finished product! Can't wait to brew!

[Image: 8B8FCD10-2E9A-46F6-95EE-D3794F787DD4.jpg]
Nice job Mahk... Nick, you are a lucky guy...Is Mike jealous? Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(02-16-2014, 09:20 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Nice mom Mahk... Nick, you are a lucky guy...Is Mike jealous? Tongue

Mike wasnt allowed to come out....lol
Mike had things to do yesterday...

Looks good Nick
--Mike