Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
I do like that approach, it's a little more cost effective than the igloo cooler versions. 
I just set 2 batches of cyser mead.  I'm hoping that they're ready in time for the winter holidays.  I saw the instructions NANP had for cyser and wondered how that would turn out.  the only thing is, I didn't want to toss that other quart of cider that you pour off the gallon.  Unforunately all I had was a partial package of champagne yeast and a bunch of ale yeast, so I did the cherry cyser with the ale and the wassle cyser with the champagne.  Both are one gal batches. 

First:  Wassle Cyser
2.5 qt cider
.75 qt orange juice
2lbs honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp clove
champagne yeast

second: cherry cyser
1 qt black cherry juice
1.5 qt cider
2 lbs honey
ale yeast

LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:I do like that approach, it's a little more cost effective than the igloo cooler versions. 

LC, I used this setup as my mash tun:

http://www.18000feet.com/coolbox/cool_box_mash_tun.htm

But instead of the copper manifold I used a SS braid manifold that works awesome, no stuck sparges.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Rhizomes arrived today!

4 Cascade
4 Centennial
4 Magnum
4 Nugget

Woohoo!!

Can't wait to plant.  Gotta start prepping the garden area now.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
That is going to be SOME garden!  How much space do you have for planting?
Mark Wrote:Rhizomes arrived today!

4 Cascade
4 Centennial
4 Magnum
4 Nugget

Woohoo!!

Can't wait to plant.  Gotta start prepping the garden area now.
If you are prepping the garden heres something you might try. I heard some people will use tobacco as fertilizer. It sworth a shot if you have some dog rockets. Chop them up and mix it in the soil and see what happens.
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:That is going to be SOME garden!  How much space do you have for planting?
I have a 15' x 15' space I have set aside for this "little" project. Wink
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:That is going to be SOME garden!  How much space do you have for planting?
I have a 15' x 15' space I have set aside for this "little" project. Wink
A man cave with a hanging garden? Tongue
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
That would be one hell of a man cave! lol  No hanging with hops though, they can grow to be 30ft tall.  I will be limiting mine to 15'.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
still havn't gotten mine.  Not that they're going to ge planted if they did show up, but at least gettin em started inside I would get to have em, well, taking up space in the house Big Grin.  can't wait, last year'splant has started to sprout back up, will be awesome to see how much it grows this year.