Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How's the weather?
[user=37]Djaric[/user] wrote:
Quote:We're having severe flooding.  Some of it is reaching what they're calling 500 year flood levels.  Lots of smaller towns are evacuated near rivers and such.  Many are mostly or completly under water.  Roads and bridges to some of these towns have been destroyed.  A few major railway lines have been damaged and or underwater.

Downtown here is flooding.  River is nearing 24 feet.  Flood stage is 12 feet I beleive.  This is the highest it has ever been recorded.  Downtown area is under a mandatory evacuation.

Oh yea and we're having weekly tornado warnings and watches.  A tornado in the western part of Iowa swept though a boyscout camp earlier tonight were many scouts and adult leaders were meeting for a conference, killing 4 and injuring over 40.

Great times In Iowa and Midwest.
:?

I'm high and dry and so far the apartment hasn't blown away so I'm fine.  Just amazing to see all this going on.  Hope everyone can recover from this.
Im sorry to hear this is happening. Its unbelievable seeing everything thats happening in the Midwest. Glad to hear you're okay. Silly, ungrateful me...here I am complaining about the weather when people are dying and being evacuated from their homes. On top of the flooding, 17 people dead from the heat wave that hit the east coast recently Sad

Stay safe everyone!
Yesenia Wrote:[user=37]Djaric[/user] wrote:
Quote:We're having severe flooding.  Some of it is reaching what they're calling 500 year flood levels.  Lots of smaller towns are evacuated near rivers and such.  Many are mostly or completly under water.  Roads and bridges to some of these towns have been destroyed.  A few major railway lines have been damaged and or underwater.

Downtown here is flooding.  River is nearing 24 feet.  Flood stage is 12 feet I beleive.  This is the highest it has ever been recorded.  Downtown area is under a mandatory evacuation.

Oh yea and we're having weekly tornado warnings and watches.  A tornado in the western part of Iowa swept though a boyscout camp earlier tonight were many scouts and adult leaders were meeting for a conference, killing 4 and injuring over 40.

Great times In Iowa and Midwest.
:?

I'm high and dry and so far the apartment hasn't blown away so I'm fine.  Just amazing to see all this going on.  Hope everyone can recover from this.
Im sorry to hear this is happening. Its unbelievable seeing everything thats happening in the Midwest. Glad to hear you're okay. Silly, ungrateful me...here I am complaining about the weather when people are dying and being evacuated from their homes. On top of the flooding, 17 people dead from the heat wave that hit the east coast recently Sad

Stay safe everyone!
Yea.  heat is certainly a bigger killer then floods.  At least with a flood you can get out of the way!  Unless your stuborn and or stupid.  We have one confirmed death from the flood in a city of 200,000+.
Thunder storm and monsoon rain here right now.
Tornado clouds can be nasty.  We in Fargo, ND had two tremendous storms roll through with 4 hours.  The day started out sunny.  The first storm rolled in at 4pm and it was nasty with hail and 60 mph winds.  And of course tornado warnings.

Then the sun came out and I grilled.  Then just two hours later we had more warnings.  This one was downright scary.  Never have I seen two such intense tornado-threatening storms within the same year much less the same day.

I took some pictures afterwards.

Its still raining hard here and the winds are still strong.  But the cloud cleared the sun to the west and left this eerie image.

[Image: June08Weather001.jpg]

[Image: June08Weather003.jpg]

[Image: June08Weather004.jpg]

[Image: June08Weather005.jpg]

[Image: June08Weather007.jpg]

[Image: June08Weather008.jpg]

[Image: June08Weather009.jpg]

One more!

[Image: 001-1.jpg]
No complaints here! Finally, the sun is out, 65 and calm. I don't think anyone is inside today. Smile
“I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices whatsoever.”  -Mark Twain
Those pictures are beautiful! I used the 5th one for my desktop wallpaper Smile Glad to hear you're okay after those crazy storms!
Those are some really nice pics
Hot, Hot and Hot 100 all week :?
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
FINALLY hit the 80's!