Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny story
& 100% totally true!

I live across the street from a young guy who used to fish with me. His name is Ronnie. He is around 28 years old (to me that's real young). Ronnie has a well earned reputation for being a daredevil and more... Especially when it comes to driving. Proof, he recently hit a car broadside while on his bike doing around 140. He was airlifted and released full of pins and metal 4 weeks later.
Anyway... Ronnie used to own an old Nisan Z. And the other day while going home with my son to get my cue stick a silver Z comes blasting out of my block and blows the light... I called Ronnie and told him I knew it was him and he wasn't getting away with anything. Shortly afterwards, he text messaged me that he sold that car 6 months ago... OK, I was wrong.
Fast forward to last night. I'm getting in my car at the train station 7 blocks form my home and Ronnie is walking by wearing a skull cap. I whip a quick u-turn and give him a beep. He runs over and jumps in the car. While driving I laugh and say: "so you sold the Z huh?" I hear a voice that sounds older and deeper than Ronnie's... I'm half way home and I turn to him as he removes his skull cap and I see nothing but gray hair... I am speechless for a moment until I say: "Do I know you?" The guy extends his hand and says: "I'm Salih, where are you taking me?" Instantly every cell in my body recoiled. My eyes popped wide open and with all of my being I resisted the urge to slam on the break, although I did stop probably abruptly. I said: "I live here on Riverside drive, who are you?" He repeats his name and tells me he lives on Westminster, 1 block past mine. I asked him why he got in my car, he said: "well, you seemed to want me in here". I shuddered in total disbelief and began to size him up. Thinking should he try anything can I pulverize him? Or am I going to take a beating... I told him I thought he was someone else. I thought I knew him. He said: "I guess we do now". I said: "well, it's a start"... I took him home and drove off in shock.
That had to be the number one weirdest thing that ever happened to me while driving in my car.
Whoa- that's going to be hard to beat!?Confusedhock:

Glad to hear you're safe and sound.
What were you really doing?Wink
did he at least tip you john?
Moral of the story.  Don't live across the street from a Ronnie? Big Grin
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
thats out there, chalk it up to goofieness and be glad nothign bad came of it.
Picking up men off the street again.  I thought you stopped that.  [spank]
[lol]
Thats pretty funny.  And awkward.  lol
Djaric Wrote:Picking up men off the street again.  I thought you stopped that.  [spank]
[lol]
[winner]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Djaric Wrote:Picking up men off the street again.  I thought you stopped that.  [spank]
[lol]

OMG!, that deserves two terrible towels

[winner][winner]

Perhaps they'll be needed for afterwards? 

Great story though.
Skipper Skipper Skipper, is your age getting to you?  I am glad that you are ok and you can now look back and laugh.  But damn that must have scared the shit out of you when he took off his cap!!!! LOL
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.