Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stogie Chat Recommendations
Sundays are always my football days.  So yesterday I decided to try some of the singles that I had obtained but had yet to try while I watch the games.

I heard so much good about the Don Pepin Blue Label from you guys here.  So I lit one up.  I liked it but did not think it was great.  To me it lacked flavor.  I liked the JJ series more that I had about two months ago and I have a Black label I have yet to try.  But I remember the JJ too just did not give me much flavor.  The Blue however did have a smooth, even burn.

About two hours later I lit up a CAO Italia.  Ironically, I thought it tasted a lot like the Pepin Blue label but with more outburst of flavor.  But the best part was that this cigar gave me a TON of good smoke.  And unlike the Blue, this cigar just seemed to get better the more I got into it.  It was firm and burned very well yet needed a couple of touch ups. 

Just my thoughts.  I still like the Blue but will not go out of my way to obtain them.

Then today I had my 3rd San Cristobal.  In my Friday Night Lights thread I tried the Monumento and the Fabuloso.  Today I enjoyed two Cokes and a San Cristobal Guajiro.  All I could think was WOW!   I want to buy a box of the San Cristobal's but have yet to decide what size to get.  Hence, I ordered another sampler of 6 as I just cannot get enough of this line.

Tonight for the game I am going to try the SC Supremo with my Mic Amberboch.  Thanks for checking this post out!

Daryn
Wow, I'm shocked you didn't care much for the Pepin Blue label. I agree with the San Cristobal, fantastic smoke. Have you tried the Oliva V yet? I feel this is another great cigar. One more that should be tried is the Padilla Miami.
Yes I did try the Oliva V in the Churchill.  Great smoke!  I always wondered about the Padilla's.  That one might be next on my list but I have to cool it as I have squandered about $500 the past six weeks in premium cigars.

Don't get me wrong, the Pepin was good just not great in my book.  One consideration and I know better is this though:  I smoked it within two days of receiving it via mail order so I may have to let the other Blue sit and acclimate to my humidor.

Looking forward to the San Cristobal tonight during the game.