StogieChat Cigar Forum
Fake Cuban Pictures - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Habano Heaven - Cuban Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Fake Cuban Pictures (/thread-8616.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- US_Tank - 04-16-2008

I saw so many bad counterfeits on my trip it was amazing.  Unfortunately, I did not have my camera when I found some of the worst one's.  I saw fakes that were spelled "Cohibo"

I feel that many vendors down in Mexico knew that they were selling counterfeits, but I also believe that many truly believed that they were selling the real deal.

Some street vendors had glass boxes and poor show boxes.  Even elaborate retail stores had walk in humidors with counterfeits.  I saw Monte #2 fakes that were completely distorted in shape and the store owner insisted I pay $60 for his 3pack.  NOT!

But I did find two shops that sold the true Cuban cigars.  One shop was a cigar bar and the other shop is a retail shop with a great selection.  This retail shop is conducting a massive campaign in Cozumel to fight counterfeit Cubans.  I have their counterfeit campaign literature for anyone who wants me to send it to them.  PM me. 

Enjoy the pictures.....................

Glass top fakes.  Notice the odd shape.  Not consistant with a true Monte #2

[Image: IMG_0283.jpg]

Just the fact that these are sitting out like this in a disorganized manner is a "first sign" as to a fake.   Of course no "coat of arms" was indicated from the UV light I had along

[Image: IMG_0284.jpg]

I tried to buy these fakes for $25 and he would not go lower than $135

[Image: IMG_0285.jpg]

Here is a walk in humidor loaded with couterfeits.............Some were very good but there were tell tale signs.  No "coat of arms" from the UV light.   The screws in the clasps were harsh looking and out of place.

[Image: IMG_0289.jpg]

This finger cut should be a half circle but this one is actually deformed
[Image: IMG_0288.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0287.jpg]

- tafdom - 04-16-2008

Nice pics Daryn. Glad you guys had a great time.

- Tonto - 04-16-2008

Thanks Tank!  Great pics!!

- Maduro Pips - 04-16-2008

funny, funny shit Tanky! But those last pics of that walkin look pretty good to me. But its hard from just pics.....

- Magnum PI - 04-17-2008

These pics are great.  I love that you brought your uv light with you on vacation!  Hilarious stuff.

- Keith - 04-17-2008

Nice pics tank

- MaytagMan - 04-17-2008

Nice pics -- did you ever end up trying any of the fakies?

Looking forward to a Feaux-hiba review...  Cool

- pembroke3355 - 04-17-2008

Great job and excellent picturesSmile

- Keith - 04-17-2008

US_Tank Wrote:Glass top fakes.  Notice the odd shape.  Not consistant with a true Monte #2

[Image: IMG_0283.jpg]

They didn't tell you the ones in the glass box are special edition habanos.Wink

- Ginseng - 04-17-2008

Wow,

Great photos, Tank!

That is one wild place.

Wilkey