StogieChat Cigar Forum
Hello from Soulman (AKA ND HERF Mike) - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Announcements (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce Yourself Before Posting Anywhere else!! (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Hello from Soulman (AKA ND HERF Mike) (/thread-5787.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Soulman - 10-28-2008

Hi all,

No matter how hard I tried to resist, spending 20 years with my best pal tank, 3 evenings with maccallan 2, an evening with Jose Oliva and a weekend with Jimmie the Mum, Po and Bobgun, corrupted me to the point where SC participation became mandatory.[eyeout]

About me...I don't know sh*t about cigars.  I do know the stogies we smoked at the ND Herf were amazing. 

Despite my lack of cigar knowledge, I do bring a high level of insider knowledge about board members; particularly Tank.  Though I would prefer to keep this insider information to myself, it should be noted that I can be bribed.[irish1]

So unlike your favorite Norwegian Terrorist (Tank), I feel the pen is mightier than the sword and look forward participating.

Lastly, I would like to thank the members of the board for their hospitality and graciousness.  Tank has been talking about you all for a year.  I finally got it this weekend. 

Best,

Soulman

- steve047 - 10-28-2008

[welcome]from [Image: huskers3.gif]

- macallan2 - 10-28-2008

[winner][welcome][winner]

Welcome Mikey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Guys, Mike's good people (besides being Tank's best friendTongue).  Glad you made it over here and I hope you find a way to share your great wit with the fine BOTL here.

Thanks for the great conversation on the ride home.Wink

- fishhound - 10-28-2008

Welcome! Don't worry we won't hold being Daryn's friend against you. [lol]

I like the Avatar. [thumbsup]

- Riofan - 10-28-2008

Welcome to SC Mike, you should fit right in! [welcome]

- Matt-N-Ga. - 10-29-2008

[welcome] Mike, from Georgia.  The original Blues Brothers, gotta love it.  Can't wait to hear what you know.

- stogiedad.1 - 10-29-2008

[welcome]to SC from North Carolina! Glad to have you!

AC

- chris1980 - 10-29-2008

welcome [thumbsup]

- Jimmie the Mum - 10-29-2008

Hey Mikie,  glad you decided to come over to the dark side & looking forward to some secret Tank stories.

After a while you're know a lot about stogies & thanks for a great weekend..

Your dad built a fine cabin and I one can tell there's lots of good memories in those walls. I hope to be there again soon.

- US_Tank - 10-29-2008

To all the Stogie Chat fellas Mike is as good as they come!  We have been through thick and thin together over the years from women, college, working out, fraternity, martial arts, employment, kids, finances and life in general.   I would not be where I am today if it not for Mike.

His father was like a father to me and he built the wonderful ND Herf Headquarters cabin that Mike and I now share with our kids and now Stogie Chat. 

Mike got to know Gunnar over the summer and Mike joins our get-togethers.  But Mike just did not get the concept of Stogie Chat no matter how we explained it.  Then Mike got to attend the CRA event with Gunnar and myself and meet and hang with Jose Oliva.  It was then that he really realized our love for cigars.  

And just this weekend Mike spent some time trolling on Stogie Chat.  And after Herfing and exchanging acts of friendship all weekend long, Mike finally chimed in "I get it now"!   

Welcome Mike!   Smile