StogieChat Cigar Forum
Hurricane Sandy - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics & Issues (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Nothing About Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Hurricane Sandy (/thread-25290.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Hurricane Sandy - Bluesman455 - 11-09-2012

Hang in there Jim,one day at a time,prayers sent.

RE: Hurricane Sandy - Jimmie the Mum - 11-09-2012

The cable is the least of my worries. Let them put me in collection then the letter goes to the newspapers.

RE: Hurricane Sandy - Jimmie the Mum - 11-09-2012

Today's update from our beach own:

November 8, 2012
We received about 3 to the 4 inches of snow in Lavallette from yesterday’s storm. Salt in an open wound; but we shall persevere. No additional damage was observed.
The Lavallette Reentry Program will be continued starting tomorrow, November 9, 2012. Access to the barrier island will be permitted by bus only. The buses will continue daily until all property owners are provided access. We are scheduling a morning trip and an afternoon trip and will be able to provide access to 200 hundred properties per day. If you have already sent an email to our website providing us with your property location and contact information there is no need to do it again. Some people are sending multiply emails for the same property and it is only backlogging the system. You will receive an individual notice, via email, as to the time, date and location you should be at for your reentry into Lavallette. For those of you who have been placed on the list that did not have access to email you will be contacted by the phone number provided. Please share this information with those individuals you know that do not have access to the internet.
We have also scheduled to have FEMA claim representatives available at the pickup site. They will be available to you after your return from Lavallette.
A team of structural engineers is currently inspecting each property in Lavallette. There are a large number of homes, especially those boarding on the oceanfront, where access to the property will not be permitted. A daily listing of those properties will be posted to the site immediately upon its availability.

RE: Hurricane Sandy - SJS - 11-09-2012

Good Luck Jimmie...I pray your house has the least amount of damage possible !!!!

RE: Hurricane Sandy - Jimmie the Mum - 11-11-2012

Tonto still doesn't have power.

RE: Hurricane Sandy - SJS - 11-11-2012

Damn.....I hope it come back on soon!!! Good Vibes & Prayers sent out for all those still without power !!!!

Re: Hurricane Sandy - wtfdic - 11-11-2012

Wow I hope everything works our for everyone affected.

Well the good news is my sister & her family who are full time residents in our beach community found a place to live for the winter.

Still no word on when I can get to see my pride & joy. The latest update:

Your electric utility staff, with the assistance of the City of Vineland and outside line crews, has been working tirelessly to inspect and repair the electric distribution system. There are a number of streets that have been isolated from the grid due to the excessive damage to the street and properties. The Borough is ready to energize the system and restore power. A protective boot has been installed on each electric meter that will not permit your property to be energized until your electrician has provided certification that all interior wiring, outlets, appliances and such have been inspected and are in good repair. JCPL has been very cooperative and has been able to restore power to the Lavallette Substation. TODAY, AT 5:05 THIS EVENING POWER WAS RESTORED TO THE BOROUGH OF LAVALLETTE.

RE: Hurricane Sandy - Guarantee - 11-11-2012

(11-09-2012, 06:09 AM)jam Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 10:38 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Anyone want to have a good laugh.

The other day I called Cablevision and asked them to suspend my cable service at my beach house. Told them I wasn't sure if I even had a house etc. They ask me about their cable boxes and I said if and when I'm allowed back on the island I would retrieve their stupid boxes.

This is the e mail I received today.

Part of the e mail I received:
Dear JAMES,
Your online statement is now available to view.
Account Number:*********2901
Payment Due Date:11/22/2012
Statement Amount Due:477.36

We regret losing you as a customer and hope to be able
to assist you in the future. Your final balance is now
due, and any Cablevision equipment you may have
must be returned. Failure to satisfy your balance or
return equipment may result in your account being
assigned for collections.

I would send a email to the Governor Thats Bull shi- the area is gone try talking to someone higher up

Definite BS!!! The cable companies always seem to look for ways to screw people. July 2011, my house was robbed and we lost our TV and computer. So I called to suspend my service since I had no use paying for it when I couldnt use it. They told me to let them know when I got a new TV and Computer from insurance. I called and had the service restored and everything was fine until I got a bill for over $200 when I was paying $130 every month. I called and spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get it taken care of and was told that I lost all of my incentives because I suspended my account. I explained that I was robbed and they said there was nothing they could do for me. Needless to say, I no longer carry Verizon. They are all about making money but they dont realize that they are making less by running off customers. Hope you find someone better Jimmie.

The clean up continues at my main house:

[Image: 2012-11-11_14-36-21_296_zps8920e794.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-11_14-36-25_473_zpsf23a1263.jpg]

Yesterday I spent the day helping my in laws:

[Image: 2012-11-10_15-10-38_258_zps870f0ad9.jpg]