StogieChat Cigar Forum
Howdy from Oklahoma - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Announcements (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce Yourself Before Posting Anywhere else!! (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Howdy from Oklahoma (/thread-24267.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - The Diamond Lion - 02-21-2012

Welcome to StogieChat and the world of fine cigars. Also check out the CAO Brazilia. It is a maduro cigar, which gives a bit of a chocolately-ish flavor.

Doug from Nor Cal

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - SenorSmoke - 02-22-2012

Welcome to StogieChat.

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - EvilAsh - 02-22-2012

Welcome!

--Steve from NE PA

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - Domniomaestro - 02-22-2012

Hi, and welcome from south central PA.

I also agree with everyone so far...Oliva is a great place to start.

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - glorifiedbabysitter - 02-22-2012

Thanks fellas! My wife is gonna be pissed when she sees how many cigars are coming into this house!! LOL

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - GMJager - 02-22-2012

Hahaha... thats one good thing about the single life... don't have to worry about your significant other complaining.

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - tafdom - 02-22-2012

Welcome from Tennessee. We have a few law enforcement guys here. Not undercover though. I actually had an uncle, my moms brother that was the sheriff in some town in OK but I don't remember.

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - glorifiedbabysitter - 02-22-2012

Don't get me wrong, I'm not undercover, its a simple thing of security for my family and myself. If you worked in an environment like mine you wouldn't want people knowing where you live either. But anyway, this is a cigar forum, not LE, it's not the point, let talk stogies!

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - MaytagMan - 02-23-2012

Welcome from California! My wife's dad and a lot of her family and several of my friends are either current or retired LE, so I know where you're coming from.

As you start to get overwhelmed with people suggesting this brand and that, just try to remember to take note of cigars that you like or don't like. Then you can take that list to find cigars with similar characteristics to try or avoid.

And take the opinions that you hear or read with a grain of salt. Just because somebody else loves or blasts a brand does not say anything about the cigar, just about their palate. I have been smoking cigars a long time, and there are cigars that people here on the forum will tell you are the best thing ever, but I don't think they are worth the paper the band is printed on. And it goes the other way too. That's the beautiful thing about this hobby - there is something for everyone.

RE: Howdy from Oklahoma - glorifiedbabysitter - 02-23-2012

I tried an Igauna last night out of my sampler, thought the green wrap was interesting to me and then to find out JFK was trying to stockpile the green stuff before the Cuban mishap. It was horrible, no offense to the lizard lovers, just not for me. I had a Chavon today after work and I don't know if it's because it was so nice outside or what but I loved it. Probably end up ordering a box of those.