StogieChat Cigar Forum
Seatbelt Ticket - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics & Issues (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Nothing About Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Seatbelt Ticket (/thread-19957.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Seatbelt Ticket - CKlineline - 10-14-2010

Got a ticket the other day for not wearing my seat belt. The officer stopped me because he saw I was not wearing it. It was only a $25 fine. I wouldn't even have been mad about it except for the fact that the officer made a point to tell me that wearing my seat belt was for my own protection. I wish I had thought of it at the time but in Arkansas (the state in which I work and got the ticket) there is no helmet law for riding a motorcycle. I wish I had asked him if they just don't give a flip about the safety of motorcyclists.

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - Soulend - 10-14-2010

It's the same in SC, seatbelts required; helmet optional.

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - ashman - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 03:01 PM)Soulend Wrote: It's the same in SC, seatbelts required; helmet optional.

+1 for CT

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - G8KEYPR - 10-14-2010

Same in Florida too only the seat belt ticket is 116.00 and dont ask how I know this....SAM

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - Gus - 10-14-2010

The states where helmets are optional usually have a group or twenty fighting for this freedom. May want to join an organization dedicated to fighting to keep our freedoms free.
Wow, North Dakota herfs have changed me. Tongue

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo - 10-14-2010

I collect seatbelt tickets...

By the way, the fine here is $35. But there is a $75 processing fee on them!

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - B-Dub Cigar Ambassador - 10-14-2010

IMHO...

Riding w/o Seat Belt = Harder to Find the Body

Riding Helmetless = Natural Deselection

Riding without a seatbelt inside a protective cage full of airbags is one thing; but a good idea nonetheless. Riding without a helmet on a motorcycle is just STUPID if you ask me. (Not that anyone did.) Bikers should wear a helmet, leather jacket, jeans, and boots. Gloves are cool, too. You'll never catch me mounting a motorcycle without all the recommended gear. That's crazy.

Saw another bike wreck again the other day. The dude was on the ground, but alive and being attended to; and he was all decked out with the right armor. Trust me, you want to be wearing that stuff when you get hit. Not much of a shell, but a helluva lot better than none at all. You're riding invisible and unprotected for God's sake!

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - -PO- - 10-14-2010

My opinion is that both should be a choice. I have been on many of calls where someone died because of the seat belt just like the ones I have been on where if they had worn it they would be alive.

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - Jimmie the Mum - 10-14-2010

If given a choice, I would wear both. In NJ we have no choices..

RE: Seatbelt Ticket - -PO- - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 03:35 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: If given a choice, I would wear both. In NJ we have no choices..
Same here in Cali Mum, one of the worst states to live in regarding laws but you gotta love the sunshine