StogieChat Cigar Forum
Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Cigar Smoker Accessories (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter (/thread-19802.html)

Pages: 1 2

Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - denali7432 - 10-02-2010

i was wondering if anyone here has used this lighter? is it worth $30? also what are the pro's of this torch lighter over other $5-$10 torch lighters? its just hard for me to spend more then $10 for a torch lighter when i can get one of those pen torch lighters for $5 from deal extreme

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - wtfdic - 10-02-2010

i have not used it but it is a Xikar so you know it has a good warranty

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - denali7432 - 10-02-2010

yeah but at what point do we say ok it is a xikar, but lets get real do we really need to spend that much just for the name?

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - Admin - 10-02-2010

(10-02-2010, 10:47 PM)denali7432 Wrote: yeah but at what point do we say ok it is a xikar, but lets get real do we really need to spend that much just for the name?

I can tell you that Xikar has the best warranty I've ever seen (or experienced). I have several Xikar cutters, some costing over $80. Anytime the blades seem dull OR anything breaks, you just send it back to them and they fix it or replace it with brand new. I don't know on their lighters, but if they state the same warranty...you can't go wrong!

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - Bogey - 10-02-2010

(10-02-2010, 10:51 PM)Admin Wrote:
(10-02-2010, 10:47 PM)denali7432 Wrote: yeah but at what point do we say ok it is a xikar, but lets get real do we really need to spend that much just for the name?

I can tell you that Xikar has the best warranty I've ever seen (or experienced). I have several Xikar cutters, some costing over $80. Anytime the blades seem dull OR anything breaks, you just send it back to them and they fix it or replace it with brand new. I don't know on their lighters, but if they state the same warranty...you can't go wrong!

Or just take it to a local Xikar dealer and they're obligated to replace it...if the have the same one you do...

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - Domniomaestro - 10-03-2010

I have used a Xikar lighter....it is a single torch. It is nice, and elegant. It comes with a cutter attached. I think it is nice, although I think I would prefer a double torch.....

BTW....where is this section? It is not showing up on my main forum list anywhere....
Edit.....

And now that I posted in it, it showed up, third in the cigars area listing.

Computers..../sigh

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - denali7432 - 10-03-2010

this one is a single torch but i like the way it looks..looks like a transformer..lol i think before the year is over i will pick up a xikar lighter and see what the joy is about..

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - Parkster - 10-03-2010

Open wallet ...... let moths out ...... reach inside and take $30 to buy lighter.

I was gifted a lighter that is very special to me, and it even has its own stories to tell ... howevr, before that I had an StDupont and it felt great lighting my cigar with a lighter that worked EVERY time, just as it should.

I use a cheap lighter down in the jungle and hate it when they play up and feck up the ritual of torching my stick.

Its sacrilige to light a GoF with anything less than a $29.99 lighter anyway ....... the cigar gods will punish you.

Do It ..... Do It ............ DO IT!!!!!!

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - BlackKnight - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 09:18 AM)Parkster Wrote: Open wallet ...... let moths out ...... reach inside and take $30 to buy lighter.

I was gifted a lighter that is very special to me, and it even has its own stories to tell ... howevr, before that I had an StDupont and it felt great lighting my cigar with a lighter that worked EVERY time, just as it should.

I use a cheap lighter down in the jungle and hate it when they play up and feck up the ritual of torching my stick.

Its sacrilige to light a GoF with anything less than a $29.99 lighter anyway ....... the cigar gods will punish you.

Do It ..... Do It ............ DO IT!!!!!!

Haha, too funny.

I'm one of those that in SWAT parlance we call a "gear queer". That means with my (sometimes very expensive) guns I like accessories and am willing to pay top dollar for them. So for me the same holds true for cigar accessories. If I'm going to pay top dollar for a cigar then the accessories should match.

RE: Xikar Nautilus Torch Lighter - Jimmie the Mum - 10-03-2010

Have a bunch of lighters but my most reliable one is from Deal Extreme. $5.00 and finishing 3 years now..

Of course, I'm not a flashy guy just practical, 1996 Tahoe, Casio watch etc..