StogieChat Cigar Forum
Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Cigar Reviews (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro (/thread-17893.html)

Pages: 1 2

Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - Jetlander - 02-17-2010

In honor of the birth of a good friend's daughter, I decided to heat up a Padron 1926 serie cigar. This Nicaraguan cigar is constructed of specially selected tobacco aged 5 years and is the rarest of all Padrons. It is top notch in all aspects. It's box pressed construction with maduro wrapper was oily, with very miniscule veins and mild toothiness. The double band is serial numbered, as this is a very limited production cigar.
Sweet aromas accentuated as I cut and tested the pre-light draw. The cigar lit effortlessly after the customary foot warming. The draw was absolutely perfect with a lot of smoke right away.
The smooth smoke had light cedar notes with mild earthy tones. It had a cool burn with none of the harshness you sometimes get with the first half inch of a smoke. I did notice there was very little exterior smoke. Almost like it was saving all of it's great smoke to coat one's palate with tastiness. As the first third progressed tones of chocolate and nuts interweave with cedar. The burn remains rock solid, cool and even.
As the second third begins, cedar undertones continue with subtle spice and a smooth creamy finish that coats the palate in oils. The draw remains precisely "perfect" and the ash falls at 2 inches. Leathery smoke arrives at the halfway point, but only lightly, as it intermingles with the cedar. The second third ends with growing spiciness rounded out with coffee.
The ash fell, as the finale began. Spice, cocoa and coffee dominate until the end and the smoke really comes alive. Spicy oils abound and lift to the surface, glistening on the warm dark maduro wrapper, coating not only the palate, but also the lips with sweetness on the finish. Total burn time was 1 hour 25 minutes.
Anyone can create a cigar that smacks you in the face with bold uncontrolled flavor, but it takes masterful construction with the finest tobacco leaves to intricately weave delicate flavors which absolutely compliment each other. In conclusion, if you would like to spend an evening with cigar perfection, the Padron 1926 serie should be at the top of your list. I easily give this smoke a 9.5 and it is a true "go to" in my opinion.

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - nayslayer - 02-17-2010

I have one of these sitting in my humi that may meet a firery death this weekend, Thanks for the review

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - EvilAsh - 02-17-2010

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the review!

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - Jimmie the Mum - 02-17-2010

This and the 64 is one of my favorites. Thanks for taking the time to review.

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - Hunlock - 02-17-2010

Fantastic review!

Keep 'em coming!

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - tuxpuff - 02-17-2010

One of my favorites. Great review thanks!

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - US_Tank - 02-18-2010

WOW! Great review or did you copy and paste that one! HAHAHAHAHA! This is a great cigar. Keep reviewing as I enjoyed the read.

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - B-Dub Cigar Ambassador - 02-18-2010

Which size???

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - wingo - 02-18-2010

This is a good cigar, I think, I haven't had one in about a year.

RE: Padron 1926 Serie Maduro - Jetlander - 02-18-2010

(02-18-2010, 08:03 PM)B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote: Which size???
I completely forgot to put the size in the review. It was the 5 1/2x52 Torpedo. I really appreciate all the feed back.