StogieChat Cigar Forum
The most expensive cigar - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Cigar Discussion (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The most expensive cigar (/thread-16124.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- lumbergh - 08-20-2006

What is the most expensive cigar you've smoked.

With all this 27 dollar ESG talk it got me thinking what the most expensive cigars I've smoked have been.

It doesn't neccessarily have to be MSRP because let's face it most of us have never gotten the goodies at MSRP.

For me, I wish it was something super cool like a Cuban Davidoff but it's just not so. The most expensive cigars I've smoked are at a tie....a $40 Vegas Opus X and a $40 Zino Platinum Crown(which really is 40 bucks)

Both were worth it. Just remember what a glass of water would cost you in the desert. 

What has been your highest price smoke?

- Not A Nice Person - 08-20-2006

That I paid for, a Padron Serie 1926 churchill, at nearly $30. That someone else gave me (thanks, Headley!) an FFOX. Not sure what they go for, but I'm guessing it's up there a ways.

Worth it. Big Grin

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

- macallan2 - 08-20-2006

I'd probably have to say one of the sticks I've bought at charity auctions.  I think I payed about $50-$60/ea. for some well aged Lusi's but it was for the kids.  

- Bungalowbill - 08-20-2006

probably the opus "A" i paid way too much for. way too embarrasing to say how much i forked out. i'm a much wiser smoker these days, mainly thanks to the killer knowledge to be gained on this board. (christ, i'm turning red just thinking about how i got ripped... great cigar, though)

- Rob The Long Island Cowboy - 08-20-2006

20 Year Old Cuban Davidoff. 

Game Over.  Hands down. Wink

Thanks again Uncle Bob for an incredible once in a lifetime experience.

- B-Dub Cigar Ambassador - 08-20-2006

I'll have to jump on the LZ6 Bandwagon, since his gift of a rare Hoyo de Monterrey Particulares tops my list of most expensive smokes. Oh... and I suppose that the Partagas SD#4 Reserva wasn't cheap either.

Challenge is, neither of these cigars is really obtainable on the open market. They are out of production, and I assume that price fluctuates. Having said that, the Particulares probably could be obtained for over $100/stick, with the Reserva commanding a price in the over $80/stick range.

Sound about right, LZ?

- Zaphod - 08-20-2006

Probably the Padron 26 40th anniversary.  I would have a hard time dropping anymore than $30 on 1 cigar.

- lumbergh - 08-20-2006

I think ROb and B-Dub did it the right way. I wish I had the same story.

Anyone know where a single Cuban Davidoff could be purchased?

- Tfire136 - 08-20-2006

My Opus X Maduro is the most expensive cigar I have. Its just deciding when to fire it up thats the hard part lol Smile

- cigarsarge - 08-20-2006

Taboada Dom Perignone...well worth it.