StogieChat Cigar Forum
What skill would you choose? - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics & Issues (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Nothing About Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: What skill would you choose? (/thread-15926.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- ScrooLoose - 09-24-2006

The wife had a very good question posed to her today on her online classes, and I thought I would repost it here since it got her and I into a very big discussion about which would be needed most in your life.

"What skill do you feel is needed most in everyday life?"

As I was going through some different subjects with her, I came to settle on Housekeeping as a skill.  No matter if you are Single, a Couple, Parents, or whatnot, you are going to need to know how to feed yourself (i.e., cook), keep yourself clothed (i.e., laundry), and keep your living space clean.

What do you guys and gals feel is the most needed skill?

- discdog - 09-25-2006

That's a great question. Organization, finance,social, communication, parenting. The list just goes on. I think it would depend on the situation. Single would be different than family, starting a family would be different than empty nesters, and pre-retirement as opposed to post retirement.

I guess if I could only pick one, it would be finance. Unless children were involved, then everything takes a backseat to parenting.

- B-Dub Cigar Ambassador - 09-25-2006

Communication & people skills.
Followed by financial acumen.

Oh, and cleanliness is next to godliness!

- Parkster - 09-25-2006

The ability to manipulate time. I mean think about this one folks, stop time and wander around while everybody else is frozen, put time back and buy a ticket with the six lotto numbers, speed up when bored, slow down when the wind catches a pretty girls skirt Tongue, I could go on.

Then who cares about the ironing, washing, finances etc, as for parenting, my daughter tells me I'm the best dad in the world, so thats good enough for me.

Cool

Seriously though .......... the skill I think is most needed in everyday life would be PATIENCE.

- Fishpoop - 09-25-2006

I believe just having the people skill will keep you going in life. You can never have enough friends, and having the skill to always be there for them have endless rewards.

- Beerlord - 09-25-2006

house keeping isnt'a  skill.

I would go with fininicial planning, cuz i suck at it

- -PO- - 09-25-2006

The biggest skill I think we all forget is how to relax.  We are so busy with work, wife, kids, pets, etc. we never slow down enough to enjoy life.

- Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo - 09-25-2006

PO Wrote:The biggest skill I think we all forget is how to relax.  We are so busy with work, wife, kids, pets, etc. we never slow down enough to enjoy life.

- JL - 09-25-2006

People and communication skills...

but if I had it my way I would enjoy the skill of invisibility and teleportation.

- Rob The Long Island Cowboy - 09-25-2006

My biggest skill is the ability to throttle those who desperately deserve it in order to protect the seemingly defenseless masses upon whom they incessantly prey with their arrogance and greed. Wink