StogieChat Cigar Forum
Partagas Spanish Rosado - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Cigar Reviews (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Partagas Spanish Rosado (/thread-12646.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Ari - 07-19-2007

Partagas Spanish Rosado 
     Lastnight I attended a Partagas Roulette event at Cigar King in Nanuet, N.Y. and decided to try a Partagas Spanish Rosado  (Their MED bodied offering).

[*]Wrapper -Honduran San Agustin
[*]Filler - Dominican, Mexican, Honduran
[*]Binder - Connecticut Broadleaf
[*]Country of Manufacture -Dominican Republic
[*]Factory Name - General Cigar Dominicana
[*]Size, about 50-52 ring guage by about 6 inches.                  
[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]   The 1st thing that you will notice about this cigar is that it is a very firm cigar, it feels like a peice of wood, clink clink, your teeth get the feeling that your biting something solid, BUT the draw is easy and smooth.

Ok, so I am waiting to see the taste, sort of reminds me of one of my favorites, BOLIVAR COFRADIA,  but ALOT smoother and mellower.  Also if you like the Torano Exodus 1959 Silver label you'll love this partagas.

This partagas is one of the SMOOTHEST cigars I have ever tasted in my life, abut halfway though I started getting a little more flavor (slight cimmamon hints), very nice, and at one point 2/3rds of the way through slight hints of buttered popcorn?? hmmmm.

Anyway, down to the last 1/2 inch I was nubbing it and burning my fingers.

SMOOTH!   I am now a fan of The Partagas Spanish Rosado!

This cigar is welcome in my humis anytime.

- Not A Nice Person - 07-19-2007

Nice review!

That's my favorite Partagas, by far.

Except for the OTHER ones, from south of Miami. Big Grin

NANP™
[cigar]

- Ari - 07-19-2007

NANP,

Thanks!  It was my 1st partagas.   I have the red labeled ones (mild) and the black label in my humi now, but haven't tried them yet.  

The rep is a blond woman age 30 that grew up on a vineyard, she said that that when the company hired her (General Cigar) they had her down at the factories in south america within 2 days learning about the business firsthand.

It is nice that they don't just hire reps and keep them removed from the action, but they get them in the trenches where the leaves are grown, how they are made, and are a part of it all from the ground up (pun intended), then into the aging rooms, the rolling rooms, the works!

- macallan2 - 07-26-2007

This is Benji's favorite cigar!  I watched him smoke 2 in the time I talked with him yesterday.  He said he prefers this cigar due to it's being medium and easy to smoke "all day".  He also likes the RG better than the big stuff being made for Americans today.  

- Ari - 07-26-2007

[user=84]Macallen,[/user]

How have you been?  Please forgive me, but who is Benji?   I agree this Spanish Rosado is truly a treat!  Very few cigars leave a lasting impression on me.

[user=84]macallan2[/user] wrote:
Quote:This is Benji's favorite cigar!  I watched him smoke 2 in the time I talked with him yesterday.  He said he prefers this cigar due to it's being medium and easy to smoke "all day".  He also likes the RG better than the big stuff being made for Americans today.  

- macallan2 - 07-27-2007

Benji Menendez is, "the senior vice president of premium cigars at General Cigar Co. Menendez hails from a rich cigar tradition: his family owned the Montecristo and H. Upmann brands prior to the nationalization of the industry in Cuba by Fidel Castro."

He's a real treat to get to talk with.  He's been in the cigar/tobacco business for 55 years!

- ColbyPants - 07-27-2007

good review.  my favorite domestically available partagas.

TomC

- Ari - 07-29-2007

Sounds like someone I'd like to meet.

[user=84]macallan2[/user] wrote:
Quote:Benji Menendez is, "the senior vice president of premium cigars at General Cigar Co. Menendez hails from a rich cigar tradition: his family owned the Montecristo and H. Upmann brands prior to the nationalization of the industry in Cuba by Fidel Castro."

He's a real treat to get to talk with.  He's been in the cigar/tobacco business for 55 years!

- Ari - 07-29-2007

My two favorite cigars at this time are the Montecristo Afrique and the Partagas Spanish Rosado.

- MikeD - 07-29-2007

Nice review on a nice cigar.  The only non-Cuban Partagas that I like.