StogieChat Cigar Forum
8-5-8 sungrown - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Cigar Discussion (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: 8-5-8 sungrown (/thread-10938.html)

Pages: 1 2

- barbourjay - 11-28-2007

so the rumor mill has it that they are releasing more of a recently rolled group.  a few people are reporting to have already picked these up.  anyone else seen these or live close to the original window contest winners?  i think the nearest store getting them is 2 hours away and will probably put limits on them.  just a heads up for those of you wanting them, if you can get them i'd be willing to trade some sharks or whatever other anejos i have to get some. 

- JoeBob - 11-28-2007

I actually looked at my local for these on a whim yesterday....no dice.

I think they're overrated anyhow.

- Headley - 11-28-2007

Seeing a lot of chatter around these again.  I'd live to try one but I'm not willing to chase them all over God's creation just on rumor.  I've already overspent on Anejos this freaking year.

If anyone does find them I'm all for a box split.

- fishhound - 11-28-2007

Headley Wrote:Seeing a lot of chatter around these again.  I'd live to try one but I'm not willing to chase them all over God's creation just on rumor.  I've already overspent on Anejos this freaking year.

If anyone does find them I'm all for a box split.
I'm just getting sick of all this elusive, hard to find, Fuente product. I think if he is such a great cigar manufacture he could manage to make enough product to satisfy it's demand.  Funny how you can always find loads of Montesinos, Cuesta Reys, La Unicas and all the other crap that collects dust on the shelves that a B&M has to carry just to have a shot at having the privilege to actually get some of Fuentes good sticks. I'm just tired of the whole cigar family thing. I'll bet half of the stuff you see being sold on E-bay are actual B&M owners, thats why you don't see most of the shops around here putting them out in the open. :X

I've made up my mind, I'm with Rob.    Viva Litto! & Don Pepin Garcia Big Grin

- fishhound - 11-28-2007

JoeBob Wrote:I actually looked at my local for these on a whim yesterday....no dice.

I think they're overrated anyhow.
Smart man, JoeBob. Most of his stuff is over rated, and over priced.

- barbourjay - 11-28-2007

for me it's all about the chase.  looking for something elusive is fun for me.  i do enjoy the cigars but honestly i smoke pepin products as my regulars.  tatuaje's are it for me right now and i've really fallen for the entire brand. 

- tafdom - 11-28-2007

Claro, maduro or nat?

- wingo - 11-29-2007

The elusive 858 sungrown is the most over hyped stick of all.  It's just rare.

The VSG and LFD DL are two sungrown sticks that blow it away.

I did like it better than the chat sungrown which isn't saying much.

- scott81425 - 11-29-2007

i'm going to third the idea of fuente being a bit on the overrated side. don't get me wrong, i enjoy them, but it just seems like there are so many fantastic cigars out there at a much more reasonable price (although if i recall, the last time i had an 8-5-8, albeit not a sungrown, it wasn't excessive in cost) to worry about finding these "rare gems"

- barbourjay - 11-29-2007

tafdom Wrote:Claro, maduro or nat?

neither, fuente made a very rare release of with a sun grown wrapper.  they are cedar wrapped with a black foot.  www.vitolas.net and you can find them.  i pretty much share the same opinion with everyone else but it's all about the chase for me.  it's just as much as a hobby as smoking cigars is for me.