StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: SC is slooooooooow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all other websites are fine on my end
steve047 Wrote:all other websites are fine on my end
 I wonder if it's just internet explorer?  Slow here also.
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
steve047 Wrote:all other websites are fine on my end
 I wonder if it's just internet explorer?  Slow here also.
could be. last week internet explorer wouldn't let me log on to SC. everything else was fine
Well, I'm using Safari---latest update, too---and it feels like I'm back on freakin' dialup in here today. Everywhere else I go is just fine, but man . . . Stogiechattin' be SLOW!!!

NANP™
[cigar]
Firefox is zipping right along, no appreciable difference from normal, here. . .
Normal here too.    I'm guessing that there must be something along the way that is slowing down the transfer on the net.   Probably a bad router or something.

Try running a trace route if its really slow.   That will normally tell you if its something along the way, or the SC server being slow.   Any timeouts or hops more than 300ms are the bad things to look for.   If nothing is slow or timed out along the way, then it is a server problem that I need to look at.
Page loads are slow with Firefox also,didn't just mention this last week? We need Mario to take control.Big Grin