StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: How do you collect that many ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just joined, and spent some time looking at some great cigar P0RN and realized just how pitifull my pictures will look next to pictures from some of you others like Skipper, and The Doc (which, if you read this, I love your podcast, Stogie Fresh Rocks.)  So my question is, how do you do it ?  I have a 300 count humidor, which has a few gems like my Cuban Partagas Series P, my VSG's and my LFD's, and my wife thinks I have too many, total, I have maybe 40 sticks.  I am curious as to where you buy, Internet, local merchants, friends, family ? 
I usually buy locally if i'm looking to try out a new stick.  I (confess to) using CI for most of my previous purchases, though i bought a box of Java Latte from TBS cigars, and was impressed with the service.
I woke up one day, and there was this cabinet humidor with some cigar boxes in it.  I dont know how it happened. . .

[lol]
Its very very simple... buying cigars at a higher rate than you can smoke them. [cigar]
Its all stogie chat my friend. When I first got on here I had this for a collection

[Image: P5140102-1.jpg]

I was actually proud to show that off even though everyone had at least enough cigars to cover the floor of their humi. And then little by little I got bomb after bomb and went to more cigar events at my local cigar shop where you get 3 cigars for a charge but the reps give you like 4 more.

[Image: PA280031.jpg]

then at some point I got some people mad at me here and they showed me who runs the show here

[Image: 01-12-07_2358.jpg]

I als[Image: PB140106-1.jpg]

I also bought somethings

[Image: PC190236-1.jpg]

also herfs(get-to-gethers with other cigar smokers) just always leave me with a lot of stuff to try, and great memories.

[Image: docherf2008-010.jpg]

And today I am moving on up because my make shift humidor has less room than in this picture and it was cause of this summer of Herfs....I had a blast

[Image: DSC01302.jpg]

[Image: DSC01308.jpg]

[Image: DSC01311-1.jpg]

and the girlfriend and family love my collection, I dont smoke everyday, so I guess you  could get away with saying that they were gifts and buy a box every month at your favorite cigar shop....for your collectionWink
serge pretty much sums it up here.

all i can add is, like an unsuspecting extra in "invasion of the bodysnatchers," just let yourself doze off and let the sickness take hold. Smile
Before I joined StogieChat I had two 50 count humidors and a small cooler. Thanks to the Skipper and other members of this forum I have an end table cabinet and over 1,000 stogies. This is a great place to ask questions, learn, give advice and most of make friends.

Enjoy the ride my friend.  
Here are some pics of a couple friends of mine and some of my stuff too.

[Image: RNBherf2008031.jpg]

Tatuaje East and West coast.

[Image: RNBherf2008032.jpg]

[Image: RNBherf2008035.jpg]

[Image: stashpics2008003.jpg]

[Image: stashpics2008004.jpg]

[Image: stashpics2008006.jpg]

[Image: cavepic3.jpg]

[Image: easytshumi.jpg]
Bluesman, are BOTH Towers of Power yers? Because if that's the case, blimey!, I envy ye. Anyways, when I started I had a 20 ct. humi which, in the best of cases had ~15. Eventually it was full and I ended up asking the B&M to save every extra cigar I bought (actually they still do it, though with very few). So...I got a 150 ct. Along with me first Palio and some beads, a Blazer torch; the hobby started to get to a new level. Now, I'm short on space once again, even with those two humis and a Cuban Crafters cabinet; so, who knows what's next? (I'd venture to say a Tower of Power wouldn't be a bad option...)
Moro Wrote:Bluesman, are BOTH Towers of Power yers? Because if that's the case, blimey!, I envy ye. Anyways, when I started I had a 20 ct. humi which, in the best of cases had ~15. Eventually it was full and I ended up asking the B&M to save every extra cigar I bought (actually they still do it, though with very few). So...I got a 150 ct. Along with me first Palio and some beads, a Blazer torch; the hobby started to get to a new level. Now, I'm short on space once again, even with those two humis and a Cuban Crafters cabinet; so, who knows what's next? (I'd venture to say a Tower of Power wouldn't be a bad option...)
He said they were friends of his. However Don is no slouch, he has a pretty good stock himself and no worry of being snowed in for a while. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3