StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: God of Fire 2006 Don Carlos Robustos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I've got 5 Don Carlos blended 2006 Vintage God of Fires coming.  UPS should have them here by Wed.  I paid $ 17 a piece for them.  So far as I can tell, that seems to be a very good price.  I'm not concerned about the price, I'd rather know what you guys think of these.  I've never had one, but all the hype has made me pull the trigger.  How are these ?  I'd like to try one after a weeks rest, then leave to age for 6 months, then re-review, and then another 6 months, etc.  I'll be posting pics once they show up, also got some Mysterios coming too.  Just looking for what your opinions are on these GOF's. 
You wont be disappointed.  One of the best Dominicans out there.
Tonto sent me one. I'm saving it for my 50th birthday next month. Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Tonto sent me one. I'm saving it for my 50th birthday next month. Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
In case I miss it when it comes, Happy birthday [guiness]

[party2]
This is a really great cigar with lots of flavors. Try to age them for about two weeks at 65% before you smoke one if possible.

Enjoy,

The Don Carlos blend is my favorite, though the Carlito versions seem to be a better seller in the shop.  I've smoked a couple of the Carlito Piramides from 2004, those are probably the best God of Fire's I've smoked. 

Eric

Jack Schwartz Importer

141 West Jackson Blvd.

Chicago, IL 60604
I picked up some of the carlitos because I heard they're more of a full bodied smoke than the don carlos.  I guess I'll have to get a few of these to make the comparison for myself.
YUM!! It was the Don Carlo that I got at Casa Fuente ...And it was Phenomenal !! I need to pick up some more .That actually what I told the wife I want for christmas. Its in my top 5 favorite .
burn-slow Wrote:I picked up some of the carlitos because I heard they're more of a full bodied smoke than the don carlos.  I guess I'll have to get a few of these to make the comparison for myself.

I've heard a lot of folks say the Carlitos are stronger than the Don Carlos.  The Carlitos have a Cameroon wrapper and the Don Carlos is Ecuadorian.  Just by that I would think the Don Carlos should have a little more pop.  I might have to try a little back-to-back test drive on both just to find out.  I'll report back with my findings.

Eric
JackSchwartzImporter Wrote:
burn-slow Wrote:I picked up some of the carlitos because I heard they're more of a full bodied smoke than the don carlos.  I guess I'll have to get a few of these to make the comparison for myself.

I've heard a lot of folks say the Carlitos are stronger than the Don Carlos.  The Carlitos have a Cameroon wrapper and the Don Carlos is Ecuadorian.  Just by that I would think the Don Carlos should have a little more pop.  I might have to try a little back-to-back test drive on both just to find out.  I'll report back with my findings.

Eric

Eric,

Being the team player that I am, I would be more that willing to take one for the team and do that comparison for you.

TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Pages: 1 2