StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Bachelor Party weekend in TN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my buddy wants a bachelor party weekend that involves good booze, good cigars, and good music.

I remembered back in college he used to talk about how much he wanted to attend a distillery tour, so I'm thinking we drive down to someplace in Tenn, stop at a tour on the way, find a town that has a cigar lounge or blues bar and live it up.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Memphis? Nashville? I don't know the areas.

Thanks!
Memphis has a great scene.  Get you some details when I slow down some.........
Well lets see. The Flying Saucer in Downtown Memphis is AWESOME! They are cigar friendly they have over 200 beers and is close to Beale Street. As far as brewery tours I don't know if the new Ghost River is doing tours but I would guess that they would.

Nashville has about the same type stuff. I think they even have a flying Saucer or something equivalent. They also have Yazoo Brewing company where they DO give tours. Both are great places but If I had to choose it would be Memphis.
Mental Note ......Move to memphis ....Cigar friendly and 200 beers ??? Oh to be 25 again I would so be in Memphis !!
JoeBob Wrote:my buddy wants a bachelor party weekend that involves good booze, good cigars, and good music.

I remembered back in college he used to talk about how much he wanted to attend a distillery tour, so I'm thinking we drive down to someplace in Tenn, stop at a tour on the way, find a town that has a cigar lounge or blues bar and live it up.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Memphis? Nashville? I don't know the areas.

Thanks!
JoeBob...
It depends on where you are coming from. Memphis and Nashville are a few hours apart. If you want to do the distillery tour, do the Jack Daniels tour. I can't remember how far it is from Nashville, but it's not too far. You can tour the distillery, but you can't drink there. That is one of the drawbacks... it's a dry county. But it's a cool tour. There are a few cigar friendly places in Nashville as well, and plenty of nightlife. Another benefit is CAO. I'd bet if you contacted someone there they'd give you a little tour around their place. If you call, ask for Jon Huber. He's their marketing guy.
We'll be coming from Indianapolis and/or Cincinnati.

We were thinking about a Maker's Mark or Jack Daniels tour, but the CAO idea is perfect.
I'm not planning it all, but I'm really leaning towards Nashville just because that seems to be the area closest to those places.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, any more little gems?
nice sounds fun!!!!
Yes, CAO would be great. 

Beale Street in Memphis is a great scene, jb.  Great place to spend some time and fitting for a bachelor party trip stop.  And we could all meet you guys down there!! 

http://www.bealestreet.com/home.html
There is NO better place to party in TN than Beale Street...bar none.  7hrs from both Cincy and Indy...not to mention you guys would have personal chauffeurs.  Throw in a tour of the Gibson Guitar factory and a Memphis Tigers game and you have a bachelor party for the ages....[pimp]

almost forgot to mention the Purple Hut....that place in NICE!!! [thumbsup]

US_Tank

SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:There is NO better place to party in TN than Beale Street...bar none.  7hrs from both Cincy and Indy...not to mention you guys would have personal chauffeurs.  Throw in a tour of the Gibson Guitar factory and a Memphis Tigers game and you have a bachelor party for the ages....[pimp]

Just stay away from the Rasmussen's!  Tongue
Pages: 1 2