StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: how long can cigars sit in a humi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
while im going thru my cigars to see whats good and whats not id like to set up another humidor to buy what i currently have in my must buy stash..but i wont be smoking them until im done experimenting which defeats the purpose of buying them..lol but you know how it is..so how long would you say i can keep the cigars in there without smoking them?
denali7432 Wrote:while im going thru my cigars to see whats good and whats not id like to set up another humidor to buy what i currently have in my must buy stash..but i wont be smoking them until im done experimenting which defeats the purpose of buying them..lol but you know how it is..so how long would you say i can keep the cigars in there without smoking them?

Years!  Cigars can be stored for 20+ years and still be good.  Granted, they will lose a little in the flavor/strength dept, but they will still be smokeable.  I have smoked a cigar that was 23 years old and still had flavor.
Mark Wrote:
denali7432 Wrote:while im going thru my cigars to see whats good and whats not id like to set up another humidor to buy what i currently have in my must buy stash..but i wont be smoking them until im done experimenting which defeats the purpose of buying them..lol but you know how it is..so how long would you say i can keep the cigars in there without smoking them?

Years!  Cigars can be stored for 20+ years and still be good.  Granted, they will lose a little in the flavor/strength dept, but they will still be smokeable.  I have smoked a cigar that was 23 years old and still had flavor.
While Mark speaks the truth....I find any cigars over 10 years become too mellow....especially if it was a lighter stick to begin with.

US_Tank

And if you find a particular stick that you like the flavor profile but its especially strong, then a few yours might mellow the strength.