StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Low Cost Doesn't Mean Bad Smokes-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since this isn't a bomb (as the letter states). I thought I would put this in the cigar review section. 
I'll let them rest & will eventually let you know my opinion.

The Letter:
[Image: IMG_20180719_102103.jpg]
The Cigars:
[Image: IMG_20180719_101804.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180719_101925.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180719_101912.jpg]

Look at the foil on this Mumcero & we know for a fact it's not classified as a yard cigar.
[Image: IMG_20180719_101855.jpg]

Thanks Tonto, I'll let you know the results.
Looks like something I would put in a humidor 30 - 90 days, then smoke, and report back to the gifted.  Just because the two unbanned were $1.43/Cigar, they could be what I call hidden gems.

While back CigarBid had some obscure bundles I never heard of, that I took a chance on, price was like $25.00 for 20 Torpedo's.  I did nothing with them for 30 days, but put in proper RH & tempeture.

Thirty days passed I opened the bundle to find the celophane was like weak coffee color, fire one up, it was wonderful.  Jumped in with both feet ordering like 4 or 5 more bundles in Torpedo & Churchill sizes.

End of story is this obscure brand is no longer being made, for CI, CigarBid, Cigar Com, so had I known, I would have bought more.
I'm just going to say this. "If it looks like a duck..." Smile

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk
Imho....PDR Ocsuros are really tasty!!! Never had the A Crop though....
Jimmie, the cigars have been resting in my humidor for at least 2-3 months, also the ones I sent to you were packed, boxed & in the mail to you in less than 22 hours total time until you received them.  I'd think you could smoke one now & let the other rest a bit (that's why I sent 2 of each). Big Grin 

I'm interested in what you think of them...not just flavor (but that's important) but also construction, etc.

I picked them up to having something to smoke as I did some yard work & didn't want to waste ignoring a higher end cigar.  The prices seemed right , so I figured why not try them & maybe find something decent.  It's like Lotto...you have to play it in order to have a chance to win it. Tongue   Big Grin 

The PDR's seem to be in stock most of the time. I went with the Oscuro because I used to like Litto's.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of them.
(07-19-2018, 09:39 PM)SJS Wrote: [ -> ]Imho....PDR Ocsuros are really tasty!!! Never had the A Crop though....

I saw them & figured wht the hell, let me try them.  Oh...having an extra $5 off, from points didn't hurt either.

And, on top of that, they all had/have free shipping.
One of the fun thing about smoking Cigars is the part were I look for inexpensive great smokes.  Was in this B & M one day they had some La Aroma de Cuba that apprently were slow movers.  Closing them out at buy 3, get 1 free, or buy 5, get 3 free.  

So I bought the three, + one, couple of days later I smoked the first one.  Next day I returned to the B & M, buying the last five boxes of 10. Rolleyes
(07-20-2018, 12:49 PM)SurfnSafari Wrote: [ -> ]One of the fun thing about smoking Cigars is the part were I look for inexpensive great smokes.  Was in this B & M one day they had some La Aroma de Cuba that apprently were slow movers.  Closing them out at buy 3, get 1 free, or buy 5, get 3 free.  

So I bought the three, + one, couple of days later I smoked the first one.  Next day I returned to the B & M, buying the last five boxes of 10. Rolleyes

Awesome!
On a side note, I just saw that the "Nicaraguan Overruns" are back in stock & several are already sold out.

https://www.cigarpage.com/eight-and-twelve-dollar-premiums-just-over-a-buck.html
I finally had a chance to smoke the A Crop (Fabrica PDR Oscuro). I was waiting to see if Chris & I could smoke them together but I had some alone time to decided to give this one a try. I took a walk along the bay and lite up.

This is a Toro shape with a Ecuador Habano wrapper from the Dominican Republic.  The Binder is Dominican & so is the filler along with Nicaraguan.
I would say it's a medium body depending on your palate.

It had a dark ash & the burn was even considering it was slightly windy. The first third was basically bland with little or no pepper on the retrohale. 
[Image: IMG_20180914_123207.jpg]
On the second third I was getting hints of white pepper but not real flavorful. 

[Image: IMG_20180914_124702.jpg]
The last third improved with hints of pepper spice (White) on the retrohale. 
[Image: IMG_20180914_131921.jpg]
It wasn't a bad stogie by any means & probably not a bad cigar for the price. It wouldn't be in my line up with the inventory that I have but  if your looking for a decent smoke at a budget price then pick this up.
Pages: 1 2