StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Review - Golden Leaf cigar bar St Paul, MN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figure since I travel for work and am always looking for cigar bars I should start reviewing them.

Was in St Paul, MN this week and saw on cigarfriendly.us that there was a cigar bar on west 7th street. Talked to the door man at the hotel and he recommended I try it.

Walked to Golden Leaf cigar bar (about 10 blocks in 37 deg weather) and was greeted right away by Mark. He invited me into the humidor and asked what I was looking for, when I explained I was a newbie he said I will give you a few minutes and come back. The humidor was well stocked with many name brands I recognized and want to try but I was having a tough time choosing. Mark came back in and we discussed a few brands, their strength and taste. Because I wanted something medium or less Mark recommended an Ashton heritage because of its medium, sweet flavor. I had never had one but Mark's selection was right on as this was a great cigar based on my limited experience. The cigar was so good I bought 2 more to take home for some time in the humidor.

They have multiple smoking areas from a bar in the front of the store to 2 small tv rooms and a large tv lounge. The ventilation was good and the seats comfortable. It was around 8:30 pm on tuesday so I was the only one there but never felt rushed to finish.

Despite not having any beverages because of MN law they have a great laidback ambiance. Thanks Mark for a friendly experience. I am in St Paul every 4 - 6 weeks and will be frequenting you establishment every chance I get. But next time I will bring a group with me.
Nice review. I like to visit cigar bars when on business travel, very enjoyable. Next time snap a pic with the phone and it makes it even better.
(10-31-2012, 09:30 PM)easy_e Wrote: [ -> ]Nice review. I like to visit cigar bars when on business travel, very enjoyable. Next time snap a pic with the phone and it makes it even better.

Great idea! That's the problem with newbiesBig Grin
Nice review!!!
(11-02-2012, 11:10 AM)Guarantee Wrote: [ -> ]Nice review!!!

Since I forgot to take pictures I will cheat.....
Here is a link to their website, I was at their St. Paul location

http://www.goldenleafsmokeshop.com/
Very nice, good find brutha!
Nice!
Very nice man. Glad your experience was a good one