StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: New to SC from SC and very inexperienced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's been about 6-7 years at least since I had a good cigar and when I say good, I don't really know how else to describe it. The reason for the hiatus is because I was a regular cigarette smoker and I quit. I was always too afraid to smoke anything as it may spark an addiction despite my craving to smoke a great stogie every now and again. I'm still not certain that I should pickup smoking cigars now but I do know that I smoked cigars and cigarettes for two different reasons.

The local smoke shop had a pretty decent selection and the one cigar that I knew I would always enjoy was a Padron 1964 Anniversary Series. After loving those, I was always afraid to spend the coin on anything else so I never branched out. Today there are several smoke shops in and around Greenville but I haven't investigated their quality yet. I'd imagine that these same cigars could taste totally different today b/c I no longer smoke cigs and I may not like them as much but I'm thinking I'll have to find one at a smoke shop to find out.

Obviously I have a bunch of reading to do on here so I probably won't post much at all unless it's to ask a question but those will be far and few inbetween b/c I'm sure someone has already asked. So there you have it...pretty much a blank slate.

As a side note I love riding motorcycles and my current ride is a 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848. I've mainly had Harley's over the past 8 years but the wife just wouldn't ever ride so I said screw it and got a Duc. I also dable with music. I came up through school (makes me sound younger than I am) playing the sax and still do once in awhile and I've started to learn the electric bass guitar. I also can fiddle around on the piano but just like the sax I ain't as good as I used to be. That's life getting in the way I suppose.

I'm looking forward to learning and reading on the forum here and hopefully there are some locals around here I can meetup with and learn from!

Excellent introduction and excellent taste in in the Padron 64.

Welcome to our family. What's your name?
(08-21-2012, 08:27 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent introduction and excellent taste in in the Padron 64.

Welcome to our family. What's your name?

Thank you. My name spoken in public is Paul.
Welcome from VA!!!
Welcome aboard!
Welcome
Welcome Paul!
Welcome Paul!!!
Welcome pal!
Welcome to the site!
Pages: 1 2 3