StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Economical Smokes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[police]Hey all, I am just getting into cigars on a limited budget and I am finding that with a little help from cigar consultants and the right suppliers I can smoke some decent cigars for less $$$$.  Lets keep this thread going with suggestions to each other about sticks less than $2 or so.  If you want to be negative about a cheap cigar feel free to do so but keep it gentle and try to recommend something else that is cheaper that that others can try. 

Yesterday (fathers day) I was given a Camacho Cuevas Maduro.  I found it bundled at $35 for 20 sticks.  I enjoyed it, however, I am new to this.

Am I allowed to post the supplier's website on these posts?

I look forward to everyone's responses
    What do you normally prefer?  Full, Medium, or Mild bodied smokes?  

My usual response to this type of ? is Sancho Panza, Cubita Spanish Market Selection, or Gran Habano Corojo.  All of these are Medium/Full bodied smokes (depending on who you ask), and can be had for around $50 per box.  Perhaps some others here can chime in with suggestions, but other than that, I'm thinking your best alternative might be factory 2nds of some sort -which in my experience, albeit limited, are seemingly fine smokes.  
CHeapstos...try the La Herencia Cubana...GREAT smoke...

Also, check with the fella that runs this place!!![thumbsup]

oh, and WELCOME!!!!!
To add to Pete's list . . . Cusano18, Padron 2-3000 series, and many of Torano's offerings.

NANP™
[cigar]
Jr's have some house brands that they have for around 40 bucks for 20 to 25 sticks. There is also the Conusegra stuff that is is around 45 a bundle of 25. Also there are five paks that they sell for anywhere from 9 to 30 bucks.

You might be able to catch some daily deals also with CIgar Monster, Cigars International and Todays Cigar.

Hope that these will help!
Definitely agree with all of Pete's suggestions.  In addition, Flor de Oliva bundles, RP Sungrown Factory 2nds, La Flor de Maria Mancini Magic Mountain from JRs.  Punch also has some great smokes at value prices.

Being a poor college kid has made me an excellent bargain smoker [thumbsup]
[police]Hey, thanx guys for adding your opinions to this topic.  I see a few people put some websites in their posts so I am going to do so as well.

I have enjoyed a La Aurora No. 4[Image: spacer.gif] segundo that I purchased in a bundle of 15 for $17.95 from www.cigar.com Unfortunately the price went up to $22.95 but still a great deal for 15 nice sticks.

Keep the replies, suggestions and comments coming.
Bipolar, where are you finding the La Herencia Cubana for $2?  Or did you just post a cigar that is well priced for its quality?
IamCanadian Wrote:Bipolar, where are you finding the La Herencia Cubana for $2?  Or did you just post a cigar that is well priced for its quality?
Yeah. Just one that is well priced for its quality.  I really liked the flavor of these..I think I got a fiver from cbid for like 7 bucks though, which would make it around 1.40 a stick..  But Cbid can be tricky...[usa]
CBID is not good for Canadians.  I need a site like that here or someone who can visit me once in a while
Pages: 1 2