StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: iSmoke: Crazy Cuban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just returned from a trip to Miami with John, my store manager, late tonight. While there, we had the opportunity to spend two days with iSmoke, AKA Angel. First we met up with each other and had an excellent Cuban breakfast at Sergios in Coral Gables. Angel got us a table outside so we could smoke and he treated us to an incredible meal at 9:00am!

[Image: IMG_3439.jpg]

After that, as Angel has already mentioned (so I won't go into too much detail here) we visited Alan and Ralph at Alec Bradley for over four hours. They are absolutely incredible hosts and we had a great time talking with them!

[Image: IMG_3425.jpg]

The next day I wasn't able to meet Angel as planned, so Sunday I called him in the afternoon to see what he was up to. He told us to come on over to his house. I don't think he was expecting an entourage...

[Image: IMG_3499.jpg]

Angel and his wife were the most gracious hosts ever. The only trouble I had was getting Angel to sit down and relax with us instead of constantly running around fixing up food!
[Image: IMG_3465.jpg]
[Image: 2043e3d0.jpg]

Anyways, after MANY fine cigars were exchanged between Angel and myself both ways, we started talking about stone flooring. Random, I know, but just think of it in the perspective of that great picture of The Mum checking out the water misting system at Rumbar in Vegas Tongue
You see, I have been researching new flooring for my store and I love the flooring Angel had in his house. Anyways, this led us outside to look at something and I noticed that Angel was carrying around this little POS flashlight, and, being a dealer for Surefire Tactical Illumination Tools (flashlights) myself, I couldn't stand it. So I walk out to my car and come back with one of these and give it to Angel:

[Image: G2L-BK_large.jpg]

Well it turns out that Angel and I have a lot in common and he will not accept ANYTHING without OVER-reciprocating. By the time I left his house Sunday evening I was forced (literally) into walking out with (on loan, not as the new owner as I had to politely refuse to take possession) this incredible original Cuban painting:

[Image: IMG_3503.jpg]

Angel you are far too kind. As one who loves giving gifts myself, and sometimes somewhat over-the-top gifts, this was the first time in quite a while that I could not accept something someone was trying to give me.

To say that you are generous would be a gross understatement!

I cannot thank you enough for everything this week my friend! I know I will see you again soon, be it in Miami, Vegas, Pensacola, or elsewhere...

Now, we've just got to get these guys active on Stogiechat Wink:

[Image: IMG_3469.jpg]
Wow, Looks like you guy had a Blast
Man o Man, what a great time that must of been. Freaking Angel giving away items in his house. MMM, I visit Angel on 3/8, I wonder if I will walk out with Mrs. Angel. Well, that's probably already a given.Tongue

Glad you guys were able to hook up.
Angel and Robbie are both top notch BOTLs!!!

Great stuff guys, looks like an amazing time!
(02-22-2011, 05:05 AM)Robbie Wrote: [ -> ]Well it turns out that Angel and I have a lot in common and he will not accept ANYTHING without OVER-reciprocating. By the time I left his house Sunday evening I was forced (literally) into walking out with (on loan, not as the new owner as I had to politely refuse to take possession) this incredible original Cuban painting:

[Image: IMG_3503.jpg]

Angel you are far too kind. As one who loves giving gifts myself, and sometimes somewhat over-the-top gifts, this was the first time in quite a while that I could not accept something someone was trying to give me.

Robbie, it was absolutely a pleasure hosting you guys!!! As for the painting...I wanted to find it a home where it would be appreciated. I know that the people that frequent Cordova Cigars will enjoy it!!! Wherever you place it, be it in your office or in public view, I know it has found a home where it will delight people! Art was not meant to be hidden, it is to be enjoyed, not only by its owner, but by friends!!! Hope to see you soon.

Jimmie, I will be awaiting your arrival...Maybe you can get Rachel to stop ridding my A$$!!!Tongue

Awesome, sorry I couldn't take your call guys this weekend. Another great time had by SC members.
WOW Good times for sure.
Fricken awesome.
(02-22-2011, 12:17 PM)Gus Wrote: [ -> ]Fricken awesome.

Absolutely! I'm constantly astounded by just how wonderful the friends are that I have met on Stogiechat! Everyone I have had the privelege of meeting in person so far has just been so far above and beyond that it leaves me without words sometimes!

Thank you again for everything Angel!
That is an awesome painting!

Very cool, looks like a good time fellas.
Pages: 1 2 3