StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Butane Fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What brand of refill do you use?

Are there any brands that you avoid/have had problems with?
I buy the big cans of Vector. Seems to work the best.......5 times filtered
stupid question, what's the difference?
i buy the cans of colibri triple refined stuff. seems to work well for me.
(01-04-2010, 03:31 PM)nayslayer Wrote: [ -> ]stupid question, what's the difference?

In a nut shell, there are impurities in the fuel....each time it is filtered/refined...it gets cleaner. With the jet ports on the lighters being so small, they can jam up easily, so the better fuel to use is the fuel that has been refined more times. I personaly go with something thats 5 times refined.
so the more refined, the longer the lighter will last? Are there any performance gains?
(01-04-2010, 08:09 PM)nayslayer Wrote: [ -> ]so the more refined, the longer the lighter will last? Are there any performance gains?

About 5 horsepower and 10 ft. lbs. torque.
I added some new stuff to this thread for high altitude butane.

http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-1...age-2.html

Pretty much anything other than Ronson fuel is refined.
(01-04-2010, 08:47 PM)Bluesman455 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2010, 08:09 PM)nayslayer Wrote: [ -> ]so the more refined, the longer the lighter will last? Are there any performance gains?

About 5 horsepower and 10 ft. lbs. torque.
I added some new stuff to this thread for high altitude butane.

http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-1...age-2.html

Pretty much anything other than Ronson fuel is refined.
LOL

I have a few rules. At least triple refined & small cans. AND NEVER COLIBRI FUEL!
I like the vector, but they have a brass tip. I find the plastic tips seal better and you dont need an adaptor.
I like small cans because it goes bad. Not so much the fuel but the cheap metal in the can degrades and oxidizes putting impurities back in the can.
I hate colibri fuel cause my colibri lighter demanded I use it and after 2 refills the lighter failed (it was only single refined back then)
I have a few rules. At least triple refined & small cans. AND NEVER COLIBRI FUEL!
I like the vector, but they have a brass tip. I find the plastic tips seal better and you dont need an adaptor.
I like small cans because it goes bad. Not so much the fuel but the cheap metal in the can degrades and oxidizes putting impurities back in the can.
I hate colibri fuel cause my colibri lighter demanded I use it and after 2 refills the lighter failed (it was only single refined back then)
[/quote]

I use the Vector. The tip fits fine on my Xikar lighters. Now the metal degrading in the can is something I never thought about.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm?
Pages: 1 2