StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice Mark!!
(03-25-2014, 07:56 PM)The542 Wrote: [ -> ]Does hop extract translate well on Beersmith?

No they have not aadded it yet.Yakima website has a calculator but it's a pita. Northern Brewers site had a chart for their "hop shot" listing the ibus per ml of extract for the corresponding boil gravity. I will be using 10ml for my bittering addition, which in a 10 gallon boil of 1.050 wort should give me about 50 ibu's.
Made my starter tonight for Saturday. Got my refractormeter, scale and one last cam lock fitting for my pump. All systems go Saturday morning!!! Let's hope I don screw it up.

Note to self: when making a 1L starter make sure you make more than enough wort. Lol. I was like 200ml under what I needed. Not a big deal I am sure as I am using my new stir plate!!!

I would post a pic but photobucket sucks and my phone is too large.
Just made my 2000ml starter for Sundays brew day.

Also, mounted up the new plate chiller. Cant wait to try it out.

[Image: IMAG0006_zpsg8zwqa4x.jpg]
^great stuff guys!

I scored these, the ECY 02 is going into a flemmish red on our brew day next weekend.

[Image: 98669b37e096216656bff6f2f8fc7d29.jpg]
My starter.

[Image: OVLvZI1.jpg]
Brewing with Nick

[Image: IMAG0012_zpsieqj9ln2.jpg]
Brew day went great! A couple issues but Marks expertise really helped. Thanks again for stopping by Mark!!! Can't wait to try it!!!

The HLT and Mash. The cooler held the temp really well
[Image: VlO3VD4.jpg]

The Boil.
[Image: 6UXjsQ8.jpg]

Forgot to take a pic of the pump. My phone was dying. Great day though 88% mash eff and hit the OG of 1.050.
I thought me & Todd's brew days were the only ones with tools everywhere! That's a great looking setup Nick and really glad it was a success. What did you make?
(03-29-2014, 02:47 PM)The542 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought me & Todd's brew days were the only ones with tools everywhere! That's a great looking setup Nick and really glad it was a success. What did you make?

Pale ale with simcoe and Amarillo.