StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: El Cobre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, I know there have been reviews on this cigar already but here is my .02

I had the Torpedo I just recently bought a couple of weeks ago.  Pulled this beauty out of the cello and man what a great aroma to it.  The construction was flawless, I mean it was just so perfect I can't get over how good it was.  Pre-light draw was a little spicy, light easy and the draw was perfect.  The first 1/3 had lots of Cinnamon and spice to it, I really enjoyed it, second 1/3 still had tons of Cinnamon and some nutty/cream notes to it and the final 1/3 went back to a Cinnamon/spicy/creamy flavor.  I really enjoyed this cigar from beginning to end.  The wrapper, draw, construction and burn where flawless.  The ash was so strong it hung on for about 2-2-1/2" and than if fell only to hang on again for another 1-1/2" and the ash was white with lots of smoke.  The color on this I would say was a medium brown color, not glossy but just enough oils on it.  Now I was fortunate enough to be able to test this cigar over a year ago before they came out thanks to BULZ, now that one was a dark brown and very oily wrapper, very strong and loaded with flavor.  I wish I still had my original review of that.  I still have one that BULZ sent last year and man is that thing oily Tongue, I am thinking now I need to pull it out and smoke it.  As for the new boxes I have I am curious how they will age.
Nice review Paul.  After seeing those boxes in the P0RN section I was forced to visit CI's store for the Robustos.

Where did you find these on the body scale?  I was surprised at how mellow the cigar came off but how much of a buzzzzzz I got from the Torp.  Great Cigar!
Headley Wrote:Nice review Paul.  After seeing those boxes in the P0RN section I was forced to visit CI's store for the Robustos.

Where did you find these on the body scale?  I was surprised at how mellow the cigar came off but how much of a buzzzzzz I got from the Torp.  Great Cigar!
I would say mild to medium, not much of a buzz but kind of a high, hard to explain. 
They age great! This is the only cigar that has developed plume in my entire stash.
Thanks Skipper that's what I wanted to hear.  I bought two boxes to age and one box I did a split with Rubie to smoke WinkTongue
I love these cigars in all the sizes but the torp is the best of the bunch. [cigar]
A VERY firm favourite of mine.

Cool

Rob The Long Island Cowboy

PO Wrote:
Headley Wrote:Nice review Paul.  After seeing those boxes in the P0RN section I was forced to visit CI's store for the Robustos.

I would say mild to medium, not much of a buzz but kind of a high, hard to explain. 
right there with you paul.  not a sledgehammer or a knee jellifier but very satisfying.
sounds like a beauty for a late afternoon toke. excellent review, po-dog.
I ordered a box after reading this review and have been really happy.
These are great cigars. Cigar buddy of mine said it was the best he's had.
Pages: 1 2 3