Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your opinions on this
im looking for something to hold my singles, and i was wondering if theres anything that would keep you from buying this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DELUXE-CIGAR-HUMIDOR...ltDomain_0

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/400-ct-CIGAR-HUMIDOR...ltDomain_0
They look pretty nice. As for the first one I'm not a big fan of glass-topped desktop humis. While it looks pretty, the hygrometer/humidifiers take up valuable real estate since you can't just stick them on the inside of the lid.

Something about the info at the bottom makes me kind of uneasy:

Quote:In order to provide savings for our customers and get the same value, portions of our humidor interior are made of cedar wood. Once the humidor is closed everything inside is sealed. The cedar smell will remain in the box giving positive effect on the flavor of your cigars. Therefore there is no need to make the inside of the humidor completely of cedar.

It's probably nothing, it just makes my spidey sense tingle that they feel the need to point out that only 'portions' are made of Spanish cedar.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

I think the second one is a little nicer, albeit a little more expensive. However, I concur with Soulend (Dave) that the hygrometer takes up too much space, in that first one.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
i was actually going to threw that part in the garbage, i have my own digital hygrometer and im using humidity beads..so i have no need for that piece anyways
The beads and hygrometer will still take up space better used for cigars. The second one is nice though, plenty of room.

I you do get the first one though, I'll pay shipping for you to send me that piece rather than throwing it in the trash...
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(08-20-2010, 06:59 PM)Soulend Wrote: The beads and hygrometer will still take up space better used for cigars. The second one is nice though, plenty of room.

I you do get the first one though, I'll pay shipping for you to send me that piece rather than throwing it in the trash...

i do love the second one, but my worry is that door that folds down in the front..im worried it will not be air tight and i will have trouble keeping humidity, but if i do get the first i will send you a pm and i will mail you the piece i dont need..
(08-20-2010, 09:15 PM)Soulend Wrote: By the way, FSS is having a humidor sale this weekend, might be something of interest to you there as well:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/searc...=topBanner

thanx man those are some great prices, i may actually pick up a few since they are so cheap and keep the humi's in different rooms of the house and work..