Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanted
Mark Wrote:
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
Mark Wrote:
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Damn, I guess I'm a pussy but I love my v cutter...Tongue

When I see Bluesman in Vegas, I'm giving him a V cut stogie..Big Grin

I also have a bullet and a Palio cutter.
I'm with you Jimmie, I absolutely love my V-cutter
Maybe the great Bluesman meant if you use a v cutter then you love pussy.Tongue
[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]
Hardy har har...
Bluesman455 Wrote:IMO the only cutters a cigar man needs. Word!!!

[Image: xikar001-1.jpg]

Punch or V-cut cutters are for pussies IMHO. Full cut = Full flavor.

[rob]
    The above cutters are my go-to cutters, as well.  I have recently tried the V-cutter, and I do like it.  However, it's been relegated to my tackle box and used almost exclusively for the cigars I smoke while fishing.  Reason being, I've had better luck with my $3 V-cutter than with any $3 double-blade cutter I've used.... and I'd rather lose a $3 cutter than my Xikar or Palio
Pete Wrote:    The above cutters are my go-to cutters, as well.  I have recently tried the V-cutter, and I do like it.  However, it's been relegated to my tackle box and used almost exclusively for the cigars I smoke while fishing.  Reason being, I've had better luck with my $3 V-cutter than with any $3 double-blade cutter I've used.... and I'd rather lose a $3 cutter than my Xikar or Palio
This is my V - Cutter which cost far more then $3.00:
[Image: CU-FIR-VC010-200.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Don Andres Wrote:
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Damn, I guess I'm a pussy but I love my v cutter...Tongue

When I see Bluesman in Vegas, I'm giving him a V cut stogie..Big Grin

I also have a bullet and a Palio cutter.

lol - hate to disagree with don, but...

we encourage all of our customers here in the lounge to try the v-cut for cigars less than 50rg, at least once. when done properly it is a very fine cut with an elegant presentation. it never disappoints.

for cigars 50rg and greater, we encorage the bullet punch.

too many folks damage the wrapper w/ an over ambitious cut. why damage more of the cap than necessary?

cheers
drew p

I've found the draw is a lot better with a full cut.  I've used a bullet/punch on occasion for a milder draw.  The v-cut has resulted in little success.

Personally I'm with the Bluesman on this one.  Nothing says elegant and sexy like a full draw from a great cigar.  [cigar]
Ever since Vegas 08 I've been jonesing for a nice V-cutter. That GOF smoked amazing with the v-cut and today I found a Prometheus from Jack Schwartz I'm seriously thinking thinking of pulling the trigger on.

I'm leaning towards the Silver Barley model but the Gun Metal Barley is very nice too. http://www.jackschwartz.com/s.87/prometheus-cutters.aspx

Both are out of stock [curse]
[Image: v04.jpg]  [Image: v03.jpg]  [Image: v02.jpg]
I've had good luck with punch cutters and I own a Xikar and a German Wolf that I absolutely love. I like the wood  V-Cutter from Famous that Jimmie mentioned and I also highly recommend the Palio for a double cutter. I don't have one yet but it's just a matter of when...
Ive been lookin at those to bro, i may have to cut into my cigar buyin habit and get me one. Im sure i wont regret itBig Grin
I have been thinking of getting a v cutter.  That wooden onefrom Famous is cool, and I like the price.  The prometiuos is pretty cool too, but may be a little rich for my blood right now.
I like smoking lightning
Riofan Wrote:Ever since Vegas 08 I've been jonesing for a nice V-cutter. That GOF smoked amazing with the v-cut and today I found a Prometheus from Jack Schwartz I'm seriously thinking thinking of pulling the trigger on.

I'm leaning towards the Silver Barley model but the Gun Metal Barley is very nice too. http://www.jackschwartz.com/s.87/prometheus-cutters.aspx

Both are out of stock [curse]

[Image: v04.jpg]  [Image: v03.jpg]  [Image: v02.jpg]

I've had good luck with punch cutters and I own a Xikar and a German Wolf that I absolutely love. I like the wood  V-Cutter from Famous that Jimmie mentioned and I also highly recommend the Palio for a double cutter. I don't have one yet but it's just a matter of when...

Marcelo, I would hold off on that purchase if I was you..Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
The V cut is nice...however I lost my V cutter almost a year ago [curse]
But still love my Xikar
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I have never used a V-Cut...  never bought one, nothing...    I have a Xikar Punch I need to send in for replacement, but not from overuse...   it came open in my pocket and the blade got dinged up by my keys, etc.

I am a proponent of the guillotine when used properly...    I always cringe when I see people lop off 1/8" or more from the head of the cigar - the cigar gets stuck into the cutter past the shoulder, and the cutter is snapped closed hard like they are cutting off the tip of someone's finger...   of course the wrapper unfurling is always good for a laugh...   Tongue

I just shave of the very tip of the cap - it would be lucky if it is even 1/16"...    THe pice of the cap that comes off is usually just a singe layer of tobacco.  I can always go another 1/16" if need be, but I usually don't have to.

Just my $0.02...