Poll: Gurkha's marketing strategy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Genius
25.00%
3 25.00%
Retarded
75.00%
9 75.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the price of Gurkhas
Currently, I'm bidding on a mazo of Gurkha Legend Anniversary Perfectos on c-bid.  I'm bidding on them because I happen to like the cigars, and if I win them, I'll be paying a little over 4 dollars per cigar (which is what I would be willing to pay).  It seems that way with a lot of Gurkha products.  In fact, almost every Gurkha product you can think of can be found on c-bid or on a different website on sale for less than half the MSRP. 

So, I guess it's obvious that the line of Gurkha products doesn't have enough demand to push the outrageous prices of MSRP.  Here's my question: in your opinion, do you

1) feel that Gurkha's marketing group already knows that Gurkha products like the Titan and the expensive Legend series are not worth MSRP, and maybe not even worth half MSRP, so that when they are auctioned off or sold for whatever price consumers will buy more for the sake of a great deal? -

or

2) do you think Gurkha's marketing is fago, and that the cigars are auctioned off and sold at, what might usually be, the expense of Gurkha?

I'd like to know your opinions about this because these cigars, unlike the OpusX and Padron 26 series, seem to have hype that has been inflated by the company itself.  Cigar aficionado rarely rates Gurkha products above 89, and online reviewers often also feel that Gurkha cigars lack greatness...just seems like a marketing oddity to me.

Cheers!

Lincoln
Gurkhas are just hype....they put out limited numbers of cigars on purpose to make them seem as though they are superior.....Carlos Torano makes them in his factories for K. Hanh...good maarketing strategy, but....

....to much for an ok cigar IMO.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
The only Gurkha cigar worth smoking is the Legend series, almost everything else, with a select few sticks here and there are crap.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:The only Gurkha cigar worth smoking is the Legend series, almost everything else, with a select few sticks here and there are crap.
I agree on that... and they don't sell off the shelves because of the price.  

GURKHA LEGEND ROBUSTO, Box of 20, 6 X 50
Price: $ 233.00   

www.CrazyCigarDeals.com

One box left!  LOL!
Gurka's are almost as overpriced as Fuente's and have almost as much hype
Mark Wrote:The only Gurkha cigar worth smoking is the Legend series, almost everything else, with a select few sticks here and there are crap.
Ditto!! They try and use the same marketing strategies as the Fuentes. My personal favorite was the 750$ flavored stick they tried passing off on people. Most of their stuff is crap except for the Legend Series that is still only worth about 3-4$ a stick IMO.
Beerlord Wrote:Gurka's are almost as overpriced as Fuente's and have almost as much hype
couldn't agree more.  legends, master select, and a whole hell of a lot of filler.