Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sticky fingers
No, I'm not stealing S***.

I had a nice Ashton this weekend, and after smoking for about 30 minutes, I had to transfer it to my other hand, so I could manipulate the grill, and I noticed that there was a sticky spot where the stick had been resting on my fingers. It wasn't visible, but I could feel it.

I figured that it was a fairly full bodied cigar, and it was probably just some oil from the leaf. I'm just curious as to what it was.

Thanks
Support my Movember team to support Prostate and testicular cancer awareness at: http://us.movember.com/team/747249

Wow, you are brave asking about sticky fingers here Wink

Seriously though, I've played with quite a few oils and I don't know that I'd qualify any of them as "sticky"

Scratch that- I just went and played with them again (they make a fabulous face wash FYI) and the heavier oils, like castor, are somewhat sticky. Lighter oils, like coconut are just smooth. The inbetween oils like vitamin E is hard to tell because I already had castor oil on my finger, so I guess that's not much help.

Long story short (I know, too late, right?) yep, probably the oil in your cigar.
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
Either transfer from cooking or I am thinking it's the pectin used as the glue for the cigars and label. Sometimes the band is stuck to the cigar a little and sometimes a LOT as the person was sloppy using to much. As for the Ashton, I see that a lot for some reason and some cigars not at all.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I'm with tafdom on this one, also surprised there were no crazy replies as well..lol
No Justice, No Peace!
Tongue 
(09-05-2012, 09:27 PM)4cliffdwellers Wrote: Wow, you are brave asking about sticky fingers here Wink

Seriously though, I've played with quite a few oils and I don't know that I'd qualify any of them as "sticky"

Scratch that- I just went and played with them again (they make a fabulous face wash FYI) and the heavier oils, like castor, are somewhat sticky. Lighter oils, like coconut are just smooth. The inbetween oils like vitamin E is hard to tell because I already had castor oil on my finger, so I guess that's not much help.

Long story short (I know, too late, right?) yep, probably the oil in your cigar.

My wife has an oil that is sticky, but it is strawberry flavored. Tongue
[Image: rstones_stickyf1.jpg]
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer