Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sharks
it's anejo time and sharks are expected to hit my Texas zip code (for the first time in history) in two days.  what's more-the salesman said he'd be selling at MSRP.  needless to say, i'm very very excited right now.

the shark is the last fuente on my must-try list.  what's the flavor profile compared to the other anejos?
very similar... maybe a bit nuttier-chocolatier... it is probably the oilest of all the Anejos.
hey guys, i was at my brother-in-laws last night for christmas eve and he handed me a fuente that  read reserva xtra viejo.  was this an anejo or is it a completely different cigar? it was a maduro and burnt perfectly to the end with voluminous smoke and a light grey almost white ash.
sugene74 Wrote:hey guys, i was at my brother-in-laws last night for christmas eve and he handed me a fuente that  read reserva xtra viejo.  was this an anejo or is it a completely different cigar? it was a maduro and burnt perfectly to the end with voluminous smoke and a light grey almost white ash.

Just from your description of the ash, smoke, and wrapper I'd say with 95% certainty that the cigar was an anejo.  there may be other cello wrapped cigar brands on which fuente marks "xtra viejo", but I can't be certain. 
sugene74 Wrote:hey guys, i was at my brother-in-laws last night for christmas eve and he handed me a fuente that  read reserva xtra viejo.  was this an anejo or is it a completely different cigar? it was a maduro and burnt perfectly to the end with voluminous smoke and a light grey almost white ash.
Anejos are the only Fuente cigars that have the Xtra Viejo name with them.  So, yes, you were smoking an Anejo.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
if anyone can confirm that it would be Mark!!! The King of Anejos!! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
I cant wait to smoke the anejo that LZ6 sent me....after that I will give my opinion
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
*dbl post sorry
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
what the hell?  when did they start rolling Cameroon sharks for the public?

http://auctions.yahoo.com/i:Fuente%20Anejos%20Camaroon%20and%20Maduro%20Wrappers:217142893
mtb4u Wrote:what the hell?  when did they start rolling Cameroon sharks for the public?

http://auctions.yahoo.com/i:Fuente%20Anejos%20Camaroon%20and%20Maduro%20Wrappers:217142893
They were released in the Carlitos Way Sampler from Holts.  Looks like someone bought 4 samplers, paired them with regular Sharks and is trying to make a huge buck.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"