Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seasoning a Humidor help
lol. thanks for the tip, i might look into it, but im kind of reluctant to do such thing.

I'm trying to think of a good solution.
(07-14-2011, 09:17 AM)wtfdic Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 08:32 PM)nayslayer Wrote: look out, skipper is on the case

Skipper is the best person to have on the case.

+1
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(07-17-2011, 10:23 AM)Tonto Wrote:

+1

LMAO!! Tonto doesnt trust my Newbieness..... to funny. Zomb, I was thinking out loud so be VERY reluctant until it gets a yeah or neah Smile

Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
(07-17-2011, 11:46 AM)BDM53 Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 10:23 AM)Tonto Wrote:

+1

LMAO!! Tonto doesnt trust my Newbieness..... to funny. Zomb, I was thinking out loud so be VERY reluctant until it gets a yeah or neah Smile

It has nothing to do with your "newbieness" its just that the amount of Skipper knowledge amazes us. I herded with the guy for one night and learned everything I needed to know about scotch, craps and I am sure much more.
--Mike
damm sheep
No Justice, No Peace!
In my own home, I have setback thermostats. One for my first floor, and one for upstairs. Most of my living space is upstairs (Kitchen, living room, bedrooms, dining room, etc). My cigars are downstairs right outside of my office. My setback upstairs is on 74 when I'm home and 84 when I'm at work. Downstairs it's at 77 24/7 all year long.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(07-14-2011, 07:22 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: without a doubt. It's the temperature variations. Temp is more important than humidity.

i had the same exact problem, with cracked wrappers and all. it SUCKED. but i eventually got it all worked out, and it was temp fluctuations. not having an ac, and relying on my cooler to do all the cooling, i have to leave it on all night so that the house is livable during the day. makes it pretty cool in here at night though, and my cigars go through crazy fluctuations in temp. but in the summer, i keep next to no humidification source in the humidor which helps. in the winter i need much more. it also helps to find the most stable place you can keep them in the house, whether it be in a closet or basement or whatever you have available where it stays the most constant. good luck.
Zomboid, any luck on your situation yet?
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
Yea somewhat. I bought a tower fan that pushes more air, and I put it around where I put my humidor. So at worse the temp fluctuation is between 3~5 degrees. better than 10 ~ 20 degrees between the day and night like I had before.

and thank you so much for the cigar bomb, B. YOU THE MAN