Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
questions on isoms.
I think that if you ask a question and these real people give you advice, you should take it. You shouldn't start a new thread asking the same question in a different way. I gave you my feed back twice on 2 similar questions about what to buy and then saw that you asked it again. Real people start to get annoyed when they are asked certain things and see that they are wasting their time answering the questions. Therefore, Google never gets annoyed. We give advice, take it and google, see what other people have to say, and make a decision. I think I understand where Graham is coming from when he says to Google since this is the second time cubans were involved in one of your threads.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
There is a very simple answer to the question of if your cubans are real or not.... If you have to ask how to validate there authenticity then they are fake.
--Mike
Both cigar aficionado and the habanos sa websites have sections dedicated to this sort of question.
(06-25-2012, 05:42 PM)Guarantee Wrote: I think that if you ask a question and these real people give you advice, you should take it. You shouldn't start a new thread asking the same question in a different way. I gave you my feed back twice on 2 similar questions about what to buy and then saw that you asked it again. Real people start to get annoyed when they are asked certain things and see that they are wasting their time answering the questions. Therefore, Google never gets annoyed. We give advice, take it and google, see what other people have to say, and make a decision. I think I understand where Graham is coming from when he says to Google since this is the second time cubans were involved in one of your threads.

Well I apologize. I didn't think I asked for anyone to pm me in any of the other thread asking about cubans. I wanted to go indepth about them with some questions and such without it being posted. I felt we could be more open about kind of questions asked in private vs open forum. The other thread I started asking about cubans went in a different direction and again I thought I could avoid that with private messages. There is so much false information out there on the subject and wanted to talk to people that have first hand experience. I read a lot on the web and also have a few books on cigars that I read. But nothing compares to one on one or a group discussion.

BTW for the record the 1500.00 thread was not a question about what I should buy it was a hey if you had this much money what would you buy. I guess i need to be more clear in my posts and threads. I did ask about cigars for honeymoon then a bit after I got back I asked again and i will review those threads.
No worries tarheel7734, people get a little sensitive when those types of cigars are brought up, and for good reason. I remember a movie from the 80s called "colors" Robert Duval told Sean Penn some joke and can't remember it all,but he was talking about some bulls and a cow. He told Sean not to run down and frek the cow, walk down the hill and frek them all..lol. Sorry, i don't get to sleep much these days.
No Justice, No Peace!
I'm surprised you didn't give him Mauks email? Where is Mauk?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(06-25-2012, 05:51 AM)GMJager Wrote: There's a wonderful tool that I use before asking question after question... that works pretty well. You can find just about anything there..."Google" has a wealth of information... You might be surprised!

(06-25-2012, 05:42 PM)Guarantee Wrote: I think that if you ask a question and these real people give you advice, you should take it. You shouldn't start a new thread asking the same question in a different way. I gave you my feed back twice on 2 similar questions about what to buy and then saw that you asked it again. Real people start to get annoyed when they are asked certain things and see that they are wasting their time answering the questions. Therefore, Google never gets annoyed. We give advice, take it and google, see what other people have to say, and make a decision. I think I understand where Graham is coming from when he says to Google since this is the second time cubans were involved in one of your threads.

Let's take a step back a minute and calm down.

In the first thread, he asked about Cuban flavor profiles and comparing them to non-Cubans. A completely legitimate and common question imho. I don't know if it is a coincidence that the two of you were among those that replied to the question with posts that were off-topic in that thread?

Posts are allowed about Cuban cigars per the forum guidelines, and asking questions of more experienced members in the way that he did was within the forum guidelines, and brought up several valid informational points.

In the second thread (this one), he did post some links, but corrected the post himself within 2 hours with no moderator intervention needed. Taking such things to PM is the proper thing to do, so I don't see what the problem here is?

Guarantee, I looked through your posts and couldn't find any genuine feedback that you gave him on any of his threads - one you made a crack about Cuban women, and the other was the same thing you said here, referring him to the other advice that you had given him.

When you posted your intro over at BOTL and asked people what their "Top 5" or "Top 10" was, a bunch of guys didn't jump on you to Google it or to do your own research at stogierate.com.

Graham, I didn't see you respond to the other threads, so your only input here was to direct him to Google after 3 questions. When you asked about mold last year, there were a ton of helpful responses to your thread, and not one of us told you to Google it, despite the fact that it is a question that I know several of us have been asked constantly over the years.

My point here fellas is let's give the guy a change before jumping on him about such things. We have all had questions before, and he has well over 100 posts so it is not like he jumped into the forum and asked these questions as his first or second post, etc...

Time for a cigar.

(06-26-2012, 03:36 PM)tafdom Wrote: I'm surprised you didn't give him Mauks email? Where is Mauk?

He is probably still recovering from viva mumcero.
Well said bill
No Justice, No Peace!
I've always liked this forum because we never tell people to use the search function. Lol. It's a useful tool for sure, but everyone here welcomes any questions whether it's been asked 100 times before.