Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing the bad draw
A couple of things that have worked for me when fighting a bad draw. First thing I try is to find a stem end close to the center of the cigar and pinch it with my teeth and pull it out. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to pull out a fairly long leaf but this works for me most of the time. If that doesn't work then the draw problem is in the first half of the cigar so I will score the wrapper about halfway up the cigar and remove the wrapper from the burning half and roll it around with a gentle pressure until the binder loosens and this will usually improve the draw. I really haven't had any luck trying to poke something through the cigar. It doesn't seem to last more than 1 draw and then it has to be repeated.
What are some of the things you guys have found that works?
Cole
I roll it between my thumb and forefinger if no better .....File it
I do like Joe, I give it a few rolls and if it doesn't loosen up I toss it and move on, I have a bad draw more than anything
I use the poker draw pen from Don for 4 years now. etched Stainless steel does an awesome job.

[Image: 123-b.jpg]

i could do a buy if we can get enough support. I think he has that new digital hygro also. He also has a vcutter I'v been eyed for a while. Let me know

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

lots of input on this here:

http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-18954.html
--Mike