Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nubtastic
(09-23-2010, 02:26 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: OKay, well I guess I'll be the odd man out...

Tired a few Nubs quite a while ago just to see what all the hype was about, and didn't get a damn thing from them...

Aside from the absurdly large ring gauge (comically so imho), they just weren't remarkable flavor-wise. Not too strong to me, just nothing there that worked for me.

This is all imho of course... obviously the brand has a lot of fans and is very successful, so Sam et. al. are all doing something right. Smile

I dont get any sort of power from them either, but I do love them All of them. MM, have you tried the maddy? That is a fantastic cigar. Reminiscent of the V.
The girth was added to the cigar so that you can enjoy it for a while. The way the leaves are cut, to get at the heart of the leaf, it prohibits making a longer cigar, so Sam increased the ring.
(09-24-2010, 07:11 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
(09-23-2010, 02:26 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: OKay, well I guess I'll be the odd man out...

Tired a few Nubs quite a while ago just to see what all the hype was about, and didn't get a damn thing from them...

Aside from the absurdly large ring gauge (comically so imho), they just weren't remarkable flavor-wise. Not too strong to me, just nothing there that worked for me.

This is all imho of course... obviously the brand has a lot of fans and is very successful, so Sam et. al. are all doing something right. Smile

I dont get any sort of power from them either, but I do love them All of them. MM, have you tried the maddy? That is a fantastic cigar. Reminiscent of the V.
The girth was added to the cigar so that you can enjoy it for a while. The way the leaves are cut, to get at the heart of the leaf, it prohibits making a longer cigar, so Sam increased the ring.

I have not tried the maddie or the Cain versions... Aside from the RG being a bit offputting to me, I will eventually give them a try to see what the flavor profiles are like.

I would certainly like to try these blends in a 50ish RG to see what they are like... "Lil' Nubs" LOL!

Not too odd cause I'm right there with ya. The RG is just way uncomfortable for me. The only nubs I ever bought was a box of the maddy when they came out for a split with Dave and Denny. I still have all of those from the or. I am just glad for Sam that hit a home run in his life.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.